We are delighted to announce the availability of version 20190729085402 of Chef Automate 2.
- Login with SAML: You can now configure the
name ID policy formatto use. When left untouched,
name ID policy formatstill defaults to
urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:nameid-format:persistent. Please consult the documentation for the list of accepted values.
- Check It Out: The following compliance profiles are now available:
- CIS Apple OSX 10.12, v1.0.0
- CIS Apple OSX 10.11, v1.1.0
- CIS Apple OSX 10.10, v1.2.0
- CIS Apple OSX 10.9, v1.3.0
- CIS Apple OSX 10.8, v1.3.0
- CIS Apple OSX 10.6, v1.0.0
- CIS Apple OSX 10.5, v1.1.0
- CIS Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, v1.0.0
- Clear Your Mind: We removed the shadows from the top and left navigation menus to make Chef Automate easier on your eyes.
- New Version: Chef InSpec has been upgraded to version 4.7.18.
- Even More Suggestions: We increased the maximum number of suggestions on the Compliance page’s search bar to 100.
- Better Sorting: We made improvements on how local users are filtered in the following Windows profiles:
- CIS Microsoft Windows Server 2016, v1.1.0
- CIS Microsoft Windows Server 2016, v1.0.0
- CIS Microsoft Windows Server 2012, v2.0.1
- CIS Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2, v2.3.0
- CIS Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2, v2.2.1
- STIG Microsoft Windows Server 2016, v001.009
- STIG Microsoft Windows Server 2016, v001.006
- Found: Our recent fix addresses some suggested values missing from the Compliance page’s search bar.
- Getting Through: We squashed a bug where notifications were not being sent for some custom InSpec profiles.
- No More Annoying Boxes: We turned off browser form autocompletion for both the Client Runs and Compliance pages’ search bars to save some sanity when entering a search filter.
How to Upgrade
By default Chef Automate 2 will automatically upgrade to this new version. If you have disabled automatic upgrades you can manually initiate an upgrade by running:
chef-automate upgrade run
As always, we welcome your feedback and invite you to contact us directly or share your feedback online. Thanks for using Chef Automate 2!