We are delighted to announce the availability of version 20200115001116 of Chef Automate 2.
- Point of Reference: Check out our InSpec profiles for the CIS RHEL 8 v1.0.0 benchmark.
- Specific: Filtering by one or more control filters returns Compliance Reports with only the specified controls.
- Less is More: Selecting the last day of the year on the Compliance Reports date filter no longer shows all data for the entire year.
- How Stimulating: You may notice fixes for various minor display issues, which previously required refreshing the web browser to display properly.
- Only the Guest List: The compliance profiles for CIS Azure Foundations v1.1.0 have a performance fix to control 1.3 that limits the query of AD users to only Guest users.
- Full Report: Exported reports from the Client Runs page now includes full results, and matches the displayed results on the Client Runs page.
- Enforced: You can now select
policy_nameas a filter in Compliance Reports page.
- Dedupe: Adding an
aws-ec2integration no longer creates duplicate node records as Chef Automate now recognizes nodes already reported by
- More API Docs: We added Applications-related API docs for Service Groups and Services and for Service Management.
- New Option: Filter service groups and services by disconnected status.
- No More Switch: We removed the backend feature flag for the Applications Dashboard.
Identity and Access Management v2
- Required Conditions: A project now needs to have zero ingest rules and be up-to-date in order to be deleted.
- Better: Fixed a bug that caused errors to display poorly when adding users to teams or adding members to policies.
- Accurate: Experience improved progress percentage calculation for project updates.
- As Is: Underscores no longer change to hyphens when using the UI to create IDs for teams, tokens, and projects.
- Correct Terminology: IAM-related error messages now use "members" instead of "subjects" to align with IAM v2.
How to Upgrade
By default Chef Automate 2 will automatically upgrade to this new version. If you have disabled automatic upgrades you can manually initiate an upgrade by running:
chef-automate upgrade run
As always, we welcome your feedback and invite you to contact us directly or share your feedback online. Thanks for using Chef Automate 2!