We are delighted to announce the availability of version 20191001203421 of Chef Automate 2.
- Copy & Paste: Compliance Reports now saves the selected filters in the URL, which means a copied URL from Compliance Reports will reflect your applied filters!
- Time Scale: You can now use the trend graph in Compliance Reports to select a date for the calendar filter. Simply find the preferred date on the trend graph, click, and watch the page update with the new date filter!
- Try It Out: The Compliance Reports bubble graphs are now interactive! Click on one of the bubbles to apply the desired filter to the report.
- Sorted: You can now filter by control tag in the Compliance Reports UI! We appreciate your patience with this new functionality as we continue to squash some small bugs.
- New Entry: A new API endpoint is available for listing controls in compliance reporting with
- More!: Check out our new compliance profiles:
- CIS Apple MacOS 10.13 v1.0.0
- STIG Windows Server 2019 V1R1
- Consistency: Entering an invalid URL will now redirect users to the Event Feed page.
- New, Yet the Same: The Compliance Reports search bar has been updated to use "Chef Organization" and "Chef Tag" instead of "Organization" and "Chef Tags," which is consistent with the Client Runs search bar.
- Are You Sure?: When deleting a node credential, a confirmation dialog box will appear before executing the delete query.
- We're sure: Release manifest signatures are verified during installation and upgrade.
- Export Options: Chef tags are now exported in the Client Runs JSON export!
- Ancient History: The Client Runs Run History panel no longer closes when filtering by date.
- Improvement: Fixed several controls in the CIS Windows Server 2016 v1.1.0 compliance profile where REG_MULTI_SZ registry keys were not being correctly tested.
- Squashed: Resolved a bug where stale user membership data would load briefly on the Team Details page.
- Uncovered: Long profile titles and descriptions are no longer partially covered by action buttons.
- Time Travel: Fixed an issue in Compliance Reports where clicking on a day in the previous or next month on the calendar widget incorrectly selected that day in the currently selected month.
- Picture Perfect: Fixed a bug in restoring an Elasticsearch snapshot with many indices.
- Stay With the Plan: Fixed a bug in executing data lifecycle scheduled jobs.
How to Upgrade
By default Chef Automate 2 will automatically upgrade to this new version. If you have disabled automatic upgrades you can manually initiate an upgrade by running:
chef-automate upgrade run
As always, we welcome your feedback and invite you to contact us directly or share your feedback online. Thanks for using Chef Automate 2!