We are delighted to announce the availability of version 20200131232134 of Chef Automate 2.
- Fresh: Use the now available compliance profiles for STIG updates:
- RHEL 7 V2R6
- RHEL 6 V1R26
- Windows 2012 and 2012R2 Member Server V2R18
- Windows 2016 V1R12
- Enhanced: The compliance profiles for CIS RHEL 8 include a number of improvements for logical correctness and readability.
- Elective: Chef Habitat Builder may be deployed with only Chef Automate Authorization services rather than all of Chef Automate.
- Better: Elasticsearch clusters managed externally to Chef Automate can now use Amazon S3 snapshots to successfully run back-ups.
- Consistency: When users modify their display names, the display name updates in the User Menu.
- Direct Effect: Deleting a project will be reflected immediately in the global project filter.
Known Issues and Workarounds
- Alert!: If you use Chrome 80.0.3987.87, you may experience problems with modal windows. To resolve, navigate to a different page in Chef Automate, and then return the original page. We will have this issue fixed in the next release of Chef Automate. This modal window issue also affects our API Documentation, which should resolve by refreshing the page.
How to Upgrade
By default Chef Automate 2 will automatically upgrade to this new version. If you have disabled automatic upgrades you can manually initiate an upgrade by running:
chef-automate upgrade run
As always, we welcome your feedback and invite you to contact us directly or share your feedback online. Thanks for using Chef Automate 2!