Chef-Backend 2.1.0 has been released and is available for download.
- Erlang 18.2 -> 18.3
- Ruby 2.4.4 -> 2.5.7
- Bundler 1.17.1 -> 1.17.3
- Rubygems 2.7.7 -> 2.7.10
- Elasticsearch 5.4.1 -> 5.6.16
- Postgresql 9.5.6 -> 9.5.19
- Etcd 2.3.7 -> 2.3.8
- Chef-Infra-Client v14.11.21 -> v14.14.25
- Ohai v14.8.11 -> v14.14.0
- Java 8 -> 11
We have moved from OracleJDK to AdoptOpenJDK. Oracle has changed its license
on newer versions of the JDK. The OpenJDK project is delivering security
updates in a version with a more open source friendly licensing policy.
Add support for RHEL 8
Elasticsearch is allocated 1/3rd of available memory upto 32GB instead of
1/4th. Elasticsearch recommends use 1/2 of the available system memory upto 32GB.
We slightly reduced the allocted memory to allow room for other Chef Backend services.
- Remove support for ubuntu 14.04
- Remove support for SLES 11