We are happy to announce the release of Chef Habitat 1.5.86!
In this release we have some improvements to the CLI and Supervisor with regard to package uninstalls in order to better manage disk space usage. There is now an optional
--keep-latest-packages flag added to the
hab sup run command. The flag takes a number indicating the number of latest versions to keep on disk. If the flag is omitted then no packages will be uninstalled. The Supervisor will perform the uninstall when a service is started or updated. This will include all package dependencies of the package being uninstalled as long as they are not depended upon by other packages not included in the packages being uninstalled.
For example, given
hab sup run --keep-latest-packages=3, only the latest 3 versions of the services you run will be kept on disk.
Note that if you provide the
--keep-latest-packages flag and you have many previous versions on disk, there is a possibility that service startup may be slow as it is uninstalling all of the applicable packages. To avoid such a startup cost, you can preemptively uninstall packages using the
hab pkg uninstall command.
We have also added a
--keep-latest flag to the
hab pkg uninstall command. This flag takes a number indicating the number of latest versions to keep on disk. If you want to uninstall all versions then provide the number
0. If the flag is not provided, only the latest release of the package identifier given will be uninstalled, which has been the command's behavior prior to this release.
Be sure to read on for additional changes! If you just want the binaries, head on over to Install Habitat . Thanks!
New Features & Enhancements
hab pkg uninstall#7595 (davidMcneil)
- Automatic package cleanup with the
--keep-latest-packagesflag #7582 (davidMcneil)
Merged Pull Requests
- [Docs] Emphasize the necessity of TCP for Supervisor function #7611 (christophermaier)
- Rustfmt and Nightly Rust Bump to nightly-2020-04-08 #7608 (chef-expeditor[bot])
- Automated update of Habitat Documentation #7607 (chef-expeditor[bot])
- extend windows launcher build timeout to 45 minutes #7606 (mwrock)
- tag windows 2019 studio image with latest #7605 (mwrock)
- fix 2016 studio image #7603 (mwrock)
- Fixes truncated CLI spaces #7589 (kagarmoe)
- fix UDP port remaining open after supervisor terminates when a hook is still executing #7597 (mwrock)
- Add Homebrew PR merge to post-release activities #7587 (smacfarlane)
- fix linux test_pkg_install e2e test #7586 (mwrock)
- Error if using
-dwhen entering Windows studio #7585 (davidMcneil)
- Move builder-worker post release step higher in the release readme #7577 (mwrock)
- Update changelog post 1.5.71 #7566 (davidMcneil)