We have been running a single chef-server for a while . A couple of weeks back
the server restarted by mistake and we had an issue with the database( The Db
was mounted on NFS and on restarting, it didn’t turn up). In the meantime the
server started and we didn’t find any data. Later we restored all of that .
However,ever since , our “chef search” is behaving abnormally . We have done a
knife index rebuild a few times and the results on command line show that they
are successful but knife search doesn’t show this.
Further, we also ran /usr/sbin/rabbitmqctl list_queues -p /chef which returns a
lot of queues.
The chef-solr logs don’t show any error.
Abnormal behavior example:
knife search node “:” gives the right output but when we do a "knife search
node “role:core_role” , it doesn’t show us the nodes correctly. (Earlier it
total messages: 0
average queue depth: 0.0
max queue depth: 0
min queue depth: 0
The no. of documents that it has indexed seem to be fine when we look through
the GUI but search doesn’t work fine. Can you please suggest what we should do