Happy “date that people relate to the mathematical constant π” day!
We have a few cookbook releases to announce. Some of these are a week or so old but didn’t go out because finding mail in my drafts folder is hard.
Notable releases this week:
- Oracle Java will now install the latest version.
- The “users” cookbook now includes handling for “chef-solo-search” cookbook and Chef 11 attribute assignment.
- The runit cookbook will now update the “run” script if it’s changed.
- [COOK-2330] - celeryconfig.py.erb tries to use non-existant String#upper method
- [COOK-2337] - It should be possible to pass environment variables
through to gunicorn and celery supervisor configs
- [COOK-2403] - cookbook attribute expects argument to be a string
- [COOK-2453] - application_python should allow the working directory
of gunicorn processes to be set via an attribute
- [COOK-2475] - celerybeat supervisor process is unnecessarily configured
- [COOK-2484] - virtualenv and requirements are installed as root
instead of uid/gid specified by application properties
- [COOK-2292] - Add fail2ban support for RHEL using EPEL
- [COOK-2426] - Fail2ban cookbook needs syslog tunables in config file
- Development repository only: test kitchen 1.0.alpha support
- [COOK-2400] - Allow java ark :url to be https
- [COOK-2436] - Upgrade needed for oracle jdk in java cookbook
- [COOK-2103] - Name the munin-hosts by fqdn instead of pure hostname
- [COOK-2182] - FC043 - prefer new notification syntax in munin cookbook
- [COOK-2137] - SmartOS support for Munin
- [COOK-2140] - nginx template server_name incorrect
- Add name attribute to metadata
- [COOK-2111] - Add LWRP for reprepro interactions. Allow attribute
- [COOK-2353] - Runit does not update run template if the service is
- [COOK-2497] - add :nothing to allowed actions
- [COOK-2479] - Permit users cookbook to work with chef-solo if
edelight/chef-solo-search is installed
- [COOK-2486] - specify precedence when setting node attribute
Technical Community Manager, Opscode, Inc
IRC, Skype, Twitter, Github: jtimberman