I thought for sure I had sent this out previously, but I can’t find it anywhere in my sent messages. If you already received it, redundancy is good in operations :-).
In addition to the cookbook releases, we have a couple announcements about cookbooks.
First, Tim Smith has provided a lot of fixes and feature additions to our Nagios cookbook. He has agreed to help us maintain the cookbook going forward. We look forward to his continued leadership in this cookbook’s development, and awesomeness for Nagios+Chef users.
Second, David Petzel has agreed to take over maintenance of our Zenoss cookbook. As we do not use Zenoss internally or with any customers as part of a supported offering, we’ll transition this one fully to him.
Third, Xavier Lange agreed to take over maintenance of the god cookbook. The transition isn’t finished yet, but will be coming soon.
Finally, I’m taking on maintenance of ossec, samba, snort, and gnu_parallel.
This is part of an effort to focus our community cookbook development on the ones we actively use in our own infrastructure, have support agreements with our Hosted and Private Chef customers, or are through work by our services team. We’re looking for more folks to either help us maintain cookbooks, or take over maintenance entirely.
1.6.4 had a missed step in the automated release, long live 1.6.6.
- [COOK-3018]: apache2_module does duplicate delayed restart of
apache2 service when conf = true
- [COOK-3027]: Default site enable true, then false, does not disable
- [COOK-3109]: fix apache lib_dir arch attribute regexp
application_nginxcookbook should accept
application_port" as string for unix sockets
- [COOK-3087]: Can’t use ark with chef < 11
only_ifstatements in ark’s
configure actions are not testing for file existence correctly.
- [COOK-3067]: ark kitchen test for
cherry_pickis expecting the
binary to be in the same parent folder as in the archive.
- [COOK-2154]: Add SmartOS support to java::openjdk recipe
- [COOK-3278]: upgrade to Oracle Java 7u25
- [COOK-2931]: Adding support for the platform ‘xenserver’ (for
installations of java in DOM0)
- [COOK-3277]: java cookbook fails on Fedora
- [COOK-2847]: Java cookbook does not have opensuse support
- [COOK-3142]: Syntax Errors spec/default_spec.rb:4-8
- [COOK-2872]: Add firstaction/lastaction ability to logrotate
- [COOK-2908]: Argument error in
- [COOK-3014]: Nagios cookbook imports data bag users even if they
- [COOK-2826]: Allow Nagios cookbook to configure location of SSL
- [COOK-2496]: openldap: rootpw is badly set in attributes file
- [COOK-2970]: openldap cookbook has foodcritic failures
- [COOK-2750]: using
run_listby itself fails in
passenger_apache2has foodcritic errors
- [COOK-3180]: don’t use
mod_railsrecipe w/ package install
- [COOK-2974]: powershell cookbook has foodcritic failures
- [COOK-2586]: Create a
powershell_outmixin to be able to use in
LWRPs for calling powershell
python_pipLWRP cannot have differnent name and
- [COOK-2353]: Runit does not update run template if the service is
- [COOK-3013]: Runit install fails on rhel if converge is only
- [COOK-3144]: Wrong service name in samba cookbook
- [COOK-3165]: Typo in tomcat attributes/default.rb file for
webapp_dirattribute on Debian/Ubuntu
- [COOK-2719]: update webpi documentation to show that Windows 2012
and Windows 8 are supported
windows_taskshould support the on start frequency
- [COOK-3127]: Support the force option on task create and delete
- [COOK-2924]: Yum should allow type setting in repo file