Error while bootstrapping windows node

Hi

I am trying to bootstrap windows node from a windows workstation. I got following error:

Waiting for remote response before bootstrap…ERROR: No response received from remote node after 2.42 minutes, g
ving up.
ERROR: Exception: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of ti
e, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. - connect(2) for “x.x.x.x” por
5985 (x.x.x.x:5985)
ERROR: Network Error: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period o
time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. - connect(2) for "x.x.x.x"
port 5985 (x.x.x.x:5985)
Check your knife configuration and network settings

Please help.

The core problem is that the machine is not accessible on post 5985. There could be a variety of reasons for that depending on the version of windows the node is running. I’d check:

1. Is winrm enabled on the node Running Enable-PowershellRemoting -Force from a powershell console will do that.
  2. is port 5985 open in the node’s firewall.

You might try having a look at this post: http://www.hurryupandwait.io/blog/understanding-and-troubleshooting-winrm-connection-and-authentication-a-thrill-seekers-guide-to-adventure for details surrounding troubleshooting winrm.

Matt