I am seeing umask problems on a test chef install and, before
reopening CHEF-686, I wanted to try to understand if this comes
from my own mistake or if the umask setting code has been lost
I have installed chef 0.9.12 from my own RPMs (which I built for
ruby 1.9.2, which I also package) on CentOS 5.5 x86_64. All the
files and directories created by chef-server and chef-server-webui
are world-writable. As per CHEF-686, I tried to change the umask
in merb-core (lib/merb-core/server.rb) and the problem goes away,
but this is not a real fix. I see that chef is setting its umask in
lib/chef/daemon.rb but I don’t see where this code is called. The
fix for CHEF-686 was applied at the time to chef-server/config/init.rb
and has since disappeared.
Since I am using my own ruby and chef install, I wanted to check
if anyone has the same problem before opening a ticket on JIRA.