We’ve had a number of cookbook releases over the last month both
before and after ChefConf. Code review for COOK is happening again,
and we have a few releases in this post that were merged from the code
review last week. We’re still working through the backlog of pull
requests and tickets. Thank you everyone who has contributed to these
releases, you make Chef awesome.
I’d like to especially thank Jamie Winsor and Joseph Anthony Pasquale
Holsten for their work in adding OS X and Windows support to several
cookbooks. Thanks guys!
The following cookbooks were technically released in April, mainly for
use in our ChefConf workshop for System Administrators.
- Some platforms with minimal installations that don’t have perl won’t
node['languages']['perl']attribute, so remove the
conditional and rely on the power of idempotence in the package
- [COOK-1214] - address foodcritic warnings
- [COOK-1180] - add
- [COOK-1155] - LWRP for apt pinning
- [COOK-1158] - RHEL family >= 6 has ntpdate package
- [COOK-880] - add client/server roles for search-based discovery of
- ‘node’ went missing in the template.
- [COOK-1089] - accept resolver options via attributes
- [COOK-1109] - return from resolver recipe if no nameserver attribute
is set so resolv.conf doesn’t get broken during the run
- [COOK-1150] - drop the empty element from the nameserver attribute array
The following cookbooks were released after ChefConf, now that we’re
back back to our semi-regularly scheduled COOK code review.
The application cookbook was released with a new version, and a
variety of helper cookbooks:
Please see this mailing list post for more details on the releases for
Making this a “1.0” release as it has been stable and now supports
both mpkg and pkg package installs from dmgs.
- [COOK-852] - add support for ‘pkg’ package types
- [COOK-586] - accomodate user agreements w/ resource attribute
- [COOK-884] - allow names with spaces
Making this a “1.0” release as it has been stable and now adds support
for Windows and OS X.
- [COOK-1152] - Add support for Mac OS X
- [COOK-1112] - Add support for Windows
- [COOK-1113] - Use an attribute to determine if upstart is used
- [COOK-1121] - Add support for Windows
- [COOK-1140] - Fix conf.d on Debian
- [COOK-1151] - Fix server_ec2 handling /var/lib/mysql bind mount
- [COOK-1321] - Document setting password attributes for solo
- Initial release as a dependency of the application_python cookbook
This release is incompatible with Chef 0.10.8. We will release
0.10.12 soon, so Windows users will want to upgrade to this cookbook
- [COOK-1323] - Update for changes in Chef 0.10.10.
- Setting file mode doesn’t make sense on Windows (package provider
- and reboot_handler recipe)
- Prefix ::Win32 to avoid namespace collision with Chef::Win32
- (registry_helper library)
gem_packageso gems get installed
correctly under the Ruby environment Chef runs in
reboot_handlerrecipe, zipfile provider)
Joshua Timberman, Technical Program Manager
IRC, Skype, Twitter, Github: jtimberman