For some reason I decided to re-install open source chef-server. Here is
what I did (in CentOS 6.3):
- sudo chef-server-ctl stop
- sudo rpm -ev chef-server
- sudo rm -rf /etc/chef-server /opt/chef-server /var/log/chef-server
- kill any running chef-server process and make sure no chef-server
process running anymore (ps -aef |grep chef)
- sudo rpm -iv chef-server-11.0.8-1.el6.x86_64.rpm
- sudo chef-server-ctl reconfigure
Everything looks fine and I can talk to localhost via ports 80, 443, and
8000. I can even load up the webui. But when I try to login to the webui as
"admin" using default password I got an error. Further investigation shows
that the three key files (admin.pem, chef-validator.pem, chef-webui.pem)
were not created in /etc/chef-server/. I guess that’s because I didn’t
completely remove chef-server from the system before I install it again.
Any idea what did I miss?