Release warning: monit cookbook

Over the past few weeks I’ve been working on a massive revamp and upgrade for the monit cookbook. This work is nearing release and I wanted to give everyone a heads up on the incoming changes. The heart of the work is in a new poise-monit cookbook. This provides improved handling for config files, service management, and installing newer versions from static binaries among other things. This cookbook will be released as poise-monit in keeping with my usual name scheme.

To help people using the current cookbook, a compatibility wrapper has also been made, poise-monit-compat, which will be released as monit 1.0.0. The previous monit cookbook used 0.x versions so this will (appropriately) be a major version bump. If you would like to be extra certain to not pull in the new cookbook, make sure you update your dependencies or Berksfiles/Policyfiles.

If anyone has questions about this release or has a use case for the cookbooks that is not currently addressed, please don’t hesitate to contact me.