another month another major release of a sous-chefs cookbook.
This months release is the sysctl cookbook. As with all major cookbook releases we recommend pinning your cookbook dependencies until you have tested this in your infrastructure.
- Remove mentions of attributes
- sysctl_param now doesn’t use attributes
- update ohai to 5+ to remove compat_resource dependency
- Always ignore error when getting a key, that way the error is vomited back into the Chef run if there is one.
- Now use sysctl -p to set attributes This mean we can set/unset sysctl_param in one run.
- Fix reload resource for systemd
- No longer require recipes:default to be added to persist a parameter
A full description on usage can be found in the README