We are delighted to announce the availability of version 20191129172405 of Chef Automate 2.
- Knowledge is Power: API docs are live! Expect to see more documentation being added over the next few months.
- New API endpoint: Export all historical reports for a node!
- The Latest: Chef InSpec profiles for new Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) are now available:
- RHEL 6 V1R25
- RHEL 7 V2R5
- Windows 2012 and 2012 R2 (member server) V2R17
- Windows Server 2016 V1R11
- Ready: Check out our Chef InSpec profile for the CIS Debian Linux 9 v1.0.0 benchmark.
- Time Alignment: Experience improved labeling and adjusted UTC time display when selecting dates in Calendar displays and adding a new Schedule for Scan Jobs.
- Keeping Tabs: A http
/statusendpoint is now available for monitoring a Chef Automate installation.
- Quick: Authorization-related pages in the Chef Automate display will load much faster.
- Compact: Compliance-related page displays now use the 3-dot control menu to improve the experience on smaller screens.
- Synced: Event Feed now displays all dates and times in UTC.
- Exit: Users now have the ability to sign out if their license has expired.
- Nothing Here: Filter by a control tag that does not have any value in the Compliance Reports display.
- Geography: Allow users to specify a default region to use when accessing the AWS API with an AWS Node Integration.
- Corrected: Fixed an issue with control 4.1.6 in the CIS Ubuntu 18.04 compliance profile.
- Fitting: Control 1.4.3 in the CIS CentOS 7 compliance profile will match either
- Exam: Control 4.1.12 in the CIS CentOS 7 compliance profile now correctly tests
- Boundaries Set: The compliance profile for CIS OSX 10.13 v1.0.0 no longer attempts to pull Chef InSpec resource code from GitHub.
- Massive Edit: Compliance export fields with more than 32,000 characters in a cell will be truncated to avoid Excel reading errors.
- In the Future: Formatting issues with the Profile Search input and Node Integration Create/Edit inputs will be resolved in the next release.
- Organized: The newly refactored Applications API allows for consistency.
- No More: The disconnected service CLI command is deleted.
- Magic: We resolved the timewizard filtering bug.
- Moved: You may noticed that we updated the Applications URL paths with our move away from beta.
Identity and Access Management v2
- In An Instant: When creating a new project, owner, editor, and viewer policies are now automatically created.
- Divine Design: It is now possible to configure the project limit.
- At Once: Custom roles may now be deleted directly from the UI.
- Squashed: Fixed bug that prevented email addresses from being used when adding member expressions in the UI.
How to Upgrade
By default Chef Automate 2 will automatically upgrade to this new version. If you have disabled automatic upgrades you can manually initiate an upgrade by running:
chef-automate upgrade run
As always, we welcome your feedback and invite you to contact us directly or share your feedback online. Thanks for using Chef Automate 2!