We are delighted to announce the availability of version 20200429153636 of Chef Automate 2.
- Pick and Choose: Add policies when you make an API token with the new policy dropdown menu.
- The Whole Nine Yards: Use the new
chef-automate backup integritycommand to validate your Chef Habitat Builder snapshots. This command includes subcommands to run validation checks and show snapshots' validation status.
- What's Not To Like?: Apply Changes in Project Filtering appears selectable in expected and appropriate situations.
- Brownie Points: Take a look at our documented IAM Actions.
- Heads Up: New Scan Jobs require a defined version for Chef Automate Profiles and validates this requirement at creation, which ensures the profile's searchability and prevents profile malformation.
- Make a Bee-Line: We added a "created_at" field for the Nodes API endpoint, so you can see when the node first reported into Chef Automate.
- Easy as Pie: We fixed the breadcrumb navigation, so now you can navigate easily through pages in Compliance Reports with filters intact.
- Know Your Onions: We fixed our API versioning, making the API Docs even more useful.
- Rise and Shine: We restored SSM node scanning functionality for AWS EC2 and Azure VM Scan Jobs.
- Bee's Knees: Chef Automate allows buffer size configuration and rejects reports when too many messages exist in the buffer during ingestion.
How to Upgrade
By default Chef Automate 2 will automatically upgrade to this new version. If you have disabled automatic upgrades you can manually initiate an upgrade by running:
chef-automate upgrade run
As always, we welcome your feedback and invite you to contact us directly or share your feedback online. Thanks for using Chef Automate 2!