We are delighted to announce the availability of version 20190124232144 of Chef Automate 2.
- Client Runs: Search and filter by Chef tags! You'll see filter in the client runs search-bar.
See What You Need: You'll only see the nodes that you added manually or through a cloud integration on the Scanner Nodes Page. You won't see all ingested compliance nodes.
Sort & Report: When you filter a Compliance report by a control, that's what you'll get on your exported CSV or JSON.
That's So Metadata: See the Chef Client version for each node in the nodes-list view by clicking the gear icon at top right of table and checking that checkbox.
That's So Metadata: Navigate to the Chef Client run summary view and you'll find that we now display the chef-client version on the node as well as deprecations count.
Improved Compliance: The STIG Windows Server 2016 preview compliance profile includes:
- SV-87923r1_rule (Software certificate installation files must be removed from Windows Server 2016.)
- SV-88287r1_rule (The built-in administrator account must be renamed.)
- SV-88289r1_rule (The built-in guest account must be renamed.)
- SV-88475r1_rule (The built-in guest account must be disabled.)
Improved Compliance: The STIG RedHat 7 preview compliance profile includes:
- SV-86551r2_rule (operating system must be configured so that passwords are restricted to a 24 hours/1 day minimum lifetime.)
- Inspec 1 Reports: Automate accepts reports generated with InSpec 1 as well as InSpec 2. Not to nag, but we'd still like you to update to the new InSpec, ASAP.
- There Can Only Be One: Prevent users from creating credentials with both a password and ssh key. Only one or the other should be included in a credential.
How to Upgrade
By default Chef Automate 2 will automatically upgrade to this new version. If you have disabled automatic upgrades you can manually initiate an upgrade by running:
chef-automate upgrade run
As always, we welcome your feedback and invite you to contact us directly or share your feedback online. Thanks for using Chef Automate 2!