Chef-Backend 2.2.0 is now released and available on the downloads site.
This release contains minor improvements and updates.
- The health checker has been modified to reduce the number of unnecessary fail-overs. Changes to the health checker include:
- The PostgreSQL health-check makes fewer calls to PostgreSQL
- All PostgreSQL failures are subject to health check retries (bug fix)
- Removed the etcd health-check because the main leader election detects etcd failures first
/leaderendpoint now serves a locally cached response. This should reduce the possibility of timeouts returned to clients polling the
/leaderendpoint. The Chef Infra Server polls the
/leaderendpoint and thus we believe this change will reduce some Chef Backend outages that resulted from
- Cookstyle fixes
- Fixed PostgreSQL validator problem that prevented
join-clusterfrom running to completion
- Build system cleanup and fixes
Updates and Modified Configuration Options
etcd.ionice.levelsettings with the default values of
0respectively. These settings determine the disk input/output scheduling class and set priority for the etcd process. The default values mirror the current system defaults on Linux.
- chef v14.14.25 -> v15.12.22
- ohai v14.14.0 -> v15.12.0
- ruby 2.5.7 -> 2.6.5