Am trying to set-up Chef Infra in this manner: Chef Server (Linux), Chef Workstation (Windows), Chef Node (Windows). Chef server and chef workstation are working smooth.
However, chef-client is failing on chef node with the error:
'chef-client' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
I did the following:
- Downloaded chef-client windows msi package and installed on server (through root user)
- Copied the default folders (chef and opscode) from C:\ to D:\ and granted local user permission to read/write
- D:\opscode\chef\bin and D:\opscode\chef\embedded\bin along with C:\opscode\chef\bin and C:\opscode\chef\embedded\bin has been added in the PATH environment variable
- Created client.rb file and also placed SSL certificates in D:\chef
- Read permission granted to validator.pem file on chef server. Client.pem is not available as it is the first chef-client run
What else needs to be done? Am i missing something very critical?