We are delighted to announce the availability of version 22.12.1024 of Chef Workstation.
- The Chef Workstation App on Windows and macOS now includes a dashboard to help manage cookbooks. You can access the dashboard from the system tray menu.
- Chef Workstation now supports Ubuntu 18, 20, and 22.
- Support for Ubuntu 16 is deprecated.
chef exportcommand now works with Chef repositories located in deeply-nested directories on Windows.
- Test-Kitchen is updated to fetch relevant data and run fallback/cleanup actions on test failure. Thanks brycekahle!
- Test-Kitchen is updated to support
net-ssh7.0. Thanks tas50!
kitchen-dokkenplugin to support
systemdbased containers. Thanks drehammond!
kitchen-ec2to support MacOS M1 & M2 EC2 instances. Thanks tecracer-theinen!
kitchen-vagrantto specify an optional provider in the configuration for use in auto-update and auto-prune commands.
kitchen-vrato align with the use of the
domainattribute in lieu of the older
If you are running the Chef Workstation toolbar application you can download this version from the menu after the app next update check. You can also download binaries directly from downloads.chef.io.
As always, we welcome your feedback and invite you to contact us directly or share your email. Thanks for using Chef Workstation!