Ohai, InSpec friends! I’m happy to announce the release of InSpec v1.32.1 which includes the following:
- properly support profile files that are more than one directory deep
- fix mysql_session resource to not use socket for host target
- host resource now properly handles localhost lookup
- properly handle empty file strings from archive readers
- Fix issue when xinetd.conf does not end in newline
You can find v1.32.1 in all the usual places: downloads.chef.io, RubyGems, the Habitat Depot, and Docker Hub.
Also, beginning with this release, you may notice our version numbers (specifically the “patch” number, the last one in the version string) may be higher than the 0’s and 1’s you’re accustomed to. Have no fear! The InSpec project will be following Chef RFC 86 more closely when it comes to versioning.
This means that (almost) every merged PR will trigger a version bump of the patch version number and an automatic build of InSpec, which will be available in the current channel of downloads.chef.io. This will make it easier to try out new features before we’ve promoted them in our normal weekly release cycle.
If you have any questions about this change, please drop by the
#inspec channel in the Chef Community Slack or feel free to reach out to me directly.
Thank you for being awesome members of the InSpec community!