We are developing a Community Advisory Council specifically around the future development of the Chef community. We’ve got some immediate-term and long-term opportunities for you to help make an impact. If you’re interested, DM me or @Jeff Strauss for more details. Let’s become better together!
Ankur Mundhra shared
Highlights of this week include:
- Dev work is complete for new asset collection API required in Compliance reporting
- Updated config path as a pre-requisite in Automate HA
- Expanded troubleshooting section of upgrade 4.x
- Corrected TCP port number in Automate HA documentation
- Working on next PI plan
- Solving Automate 4.x upgrade related challenges
Hello from Habitat!
This week's updates:
- Working on improving build order and rdep resolution for package builds
- Investigating some pre-release TLS related regressions
- Looking at builder changes needed for native packages
- Looking at bootstrapping solutions for ARM standard packages
Hello from Sous Chefs!Here's the releases from the past week:
freebsd - 2.0.0:
Enable unified_mode for Chef 17 compatibility
Require Chef 15.3+
• Remove delivery folder
docker - 10.2.0:
Don't set container swappiness with cgroupv2
Nothing really new from the Cinc Project however with the pending potential release of Chef Infra Client 18, I'll likely be working on making sure that build pipeline is working properly. I'll also be looking at whatever new platforms we need to start building for on that (i.e. EL9 I know of).