First and foremost:
By now, I’m sure everyone is aware of the new Community Advisory Council and that we will be having our inaugural meeting on September 12-13, 2022.
Some community members will join us in person in Boston, others will be remote on Zoom. Either way, we’re happy to have you all engaged and willing to help us repair and revive our community.
We’re finalizing the agenda for this session today and tomorrow so there’s still time for you to make sure the topics that are important to you are discussed using this form Chef Community Advisory Council (CAC) Topics Survey .
Here's the Zoom link for the meeting: Join our Cloud HD Video Meeting
Chef Habitat 1.6.568 Released! This release includes several updates to habitat's dependencies. It also includes some significant fixes to rolling updates
Ankur Mundhra shared
Highlights of this week include:
- Chef Automate 4.x will not be available for download till end of September 2022. We are working to make the upgrade process seamless. Until then v3.0.49 will be available for download.
- Working to create default Opensearch config from Elasticsearch config
- Working to improve the S3 URL while taking backup in 4.x upgrade process
- Working to delete older indexes when upgrading to Automate 4.x
- Working to improve CLI messages when upgrading to Automate 4.x
- Working to fix a bug to handle empty key in compliance report
Chef InSpec Team:
- investigating issue with train-kubernetes module not loading
- Looking into customer issue with C shell on AIX and oracledb_session
- Working on a surprise
Vikram Karve shared
Hi All! Here is what Workstation, Community Tools & Omnibus folks are working on
- Workstation - Added auth to locally running Rails API. Updating API for cookbook actions.
- Workstation - Developing screens based on UX mockup for soon to be introduced Workstation App.
- Omnibus - folks helped further with client-18 pipeline issues & building universal macOS package is work-in-progress.
We did release Cinc Server 15.1.7!