Hello lovely people and thanks for joining me for another community meeting!
A special thanks to those of you who joined the Community Advisory Council meeting this week. I really appreciated the opportunity to dig in and figure out ways to revive our community.
We went ahead and created the #community-advisory-council channel for those who want to continue to participate in and share ideas with the council, so check that out if you're interested.
Because we were otherwise occupied, quite a few of us missed a large portion of ChefConf Online '22. That's ok though, part of the beauty of virtual conferences is that each session is recorded. Use this link to watch session recordings.
I will also make the Community Advisory Council meeting recording available as soon as I receive it.
Actually, before we do that I'd like to call something out
This meeting is meant to be interactive, so it is encouraged to start a thread to ask questions, make suggestions, or get clarification from the engineering teams.
ok, now lets get this party started!
No releases this week
Ankur Mundhra shared
Highlights of this week include:
- Development work is complete to improve S3 URL change while taking back-up in 4.x upgrade journey
- Improved CLI command to generate csv file having details of unique node count of Inspec scan
- Working to have a validation command to validate underlying Infrastructure
- Fixed naming convention of airgap package for deployment
- Fixed a bug to reduce failure possibility of data-collector API by ensuring that token is added to member policy
- Working to improve CLI messages for Automate 4.x upgrade
- Working to fix a bug to improve search capability on client run reports
Hello from Habitat!
This week we have been working on:
- High level designs around node management (all chef products)
- Working through strategy for building standard ARM packages
- Wiring up builder for native packages
Chef Infra Server
Lincoln Baker shared
Replacing AWS sigv2 with sigv4.
- Improving information returned in gather-logs command.
- Implementing adhoc jobs.
- Investigating chef_fixie scripts not working in support box.
- Updating knife-ec-backup to output meaningful success/failure results.
- Investigating knife-ec-backup blocked by bad client name issue.
- Investigating knife user reregister issue.
Chef InSpec Team:
- Investigated and resolved a customer issue involving c-shell, AIX, and the oracledb_session resource
- Looking into a customer issue involving cross-loading dependencies on different platforms from Chef Server
- Work started on Feature declaration, allowing several functionalities to be grouped together
Hello from Sous Chefs!
Here's the list of new releases in the past week:
- firewall - 6.1.0: Add
filepathselection based on OS for
- redisio - 6.3.0: Version check fix for some Redis default settings to support Redis v4 and above
Hello from the Cinc Project!
No new releases but I have been working on getting EL9 builders going. I finally ran into an issue where the deprecated omnibus cookbook we have been using has a major issue so I started working on a cinc-omnibus cookbook that I'm hoping to replace the omnibus cookbook for our build process. I will likely have that hosted in Sous Chefs since they handle cookbooks really well