Hey Folks! Thanks for joining me for another community meeting. We're winding down the year in DevRel, but we do have a couple of updates for you.
Quick reminder that tomorrow (Friday @ 10am EST) it is time for another episode of How to Human. This time @Jeff Strauss and the crew will have their first external guest, Arthur Doler, talking about Mental Health in the workplace.
Today at 1pm ET we’ll have this month’s Community Advisory Council meeting. This is one you don’t want to miss. We have some company updates to share as well as some updates from engineering leadership and an overview of our upcoming certification program. Here’s the link to join.
Ankur Mundhra shared
Highlights of this week include:
- Working to upgrade OpenSearch to 1.3.6 and GoLang to 1.19
- Writing test scenario documents to improve productivity and release process
- Improving documentation to ensure that Infra Server configurations can be modified by patching from Automate CLI for embedded Chef Infra Server
- Testing use cases to ensure that certificates of all services can be modified from bastion system in Automate HA cluster
- Working to add chef-automate cert show command to see all certificates which are applied in Automate HA cluster
- Working to ensure that nodes can be added, removed and replaced in AWS deployment of Automate HA cluster
Chef Infra Client
Thomas Powell shared
Chef Infra Client:
- 18.1.x - Wrapping up the final release bits. Release TBD still.
- Chef 16 - troubleshooting 32-bit release builds for Windows. No ETA on resolution
- Chef 17 - Will begin backports once we have build fixes for Chef 16 sorted out, as the Chef 17 set will be very similar.
Chef Infra Server
Lincoln Baker shared
- [Automate] Investigate failures upgrading to Infra Server 15.3.2
- [Courier] Implement Storage Resource
- [Courier] Implement State Engine to get and put resources into storage
- [Courier] Implement schedulemanager.UpdateJobById
- [Courier] Ensire that a new job (POST w/201) adds the URL of the created job in a Location header
- [Chef Infra Server] rebar3 upgrade
- [DAST Scan] Cacheable SSL page found
- [Chef Infra Server] Update knife-ec-backup to output meaningful success/failure results
- [Chef Infra Server] Investigate Commons vulnerability
- Add el-9 to the builders, testers, and the Umbrella pipeline for Infra Server
- Develop workaround for ibrowse pipelines and parallel connections issue
- [Courier] Setup the environment to use the persistence store
- [Chef Infra Server] Investigate Hab package exec chef/knife-ec-backup knife-ec-restore failing with errors
- [Chef Infra Server] Document new Erlang dependencies upgrade process
- [Chef Infra Server] Implement new Erlang dependencies upgrade process
- [Chef Infra Server] Upgrade Erlang rebar3 dependencies
- [Chef Infra Server] Docs update for s3_url_type tuneable
Chef InSpec Team has been working on:
- Investigating an issue with the MacOS omnibus build involving nokogiri
- Researching approaches to improve database integration testing
Looking into a report regarding interactions between
train's use of multiple SSH connections and MaxConnections in limits.conf
- Updating mock test fixtures to use Ubuntu 22 fixtures
Kiah Tolliver shared
From @Vikram Karve and the Workstation team:
- Workstation GUI - Dev changes are tested. PR is ready to merge, but we are resolving couple of blocker (yet unrelated) build pipeline issues. Hoping to have a current channel build soon.
- Omnibus - Mac universal installer for chef client v18 is ready. It now available for download at this URL (while it's named arm64, it really is a universal installer). Next is to have a link made available in the downloads page.
Hello from Sous Chefs!
Here's the list of new releases in the past week:
docker - 10.3.0:
docker_installation_package: support for Ubuntu 22.04
postgresql - 11.0.0
Major refactor, see UPGRADING.md
Condense repository, client_install and server_install into common install resource with actions replacing the previous split resources.
Refactor database, role (user) and extension resources to use pg gem for database access
Rename user resource to role to match PostgreSQL (still aliased to
Update various resource properties to match PostgreSQL side
Thanks to @bmhughes for the refactor on the postgresql cookbook!
Hello from the Cinc Project!
- Released knife-18.0.185 gem to our packagecloud repository
One last thing from me, the downloads page changes are now live as of Monday. Paying customers will still be able to download all commercial versions of our products from their Customer Portal, while open source downloads will be made available on the Chef Community website, community.chef.io. If you do not have your credentials to access the Customer Portal, you can contact your CSM or Account Manager. And if you aren't sure who that is, reach out to me or @Jeff Strauss, and we will help direct you to the right person.
Here's a link to the original post for those who are interested.