Hey Folks! Thanks for joining me for the last community meeting of 2022! Things are winding down on our side but a few of the teams have updates. As far as DevRel goes, just a couple of new blog posts and reminders for the new year:
ICYMI The How To Human crew had their first external guest, Arthur Doler and talked about Mental Health in the workplace. Catch that episode and all the others using this playlist link.
Learn about how Chef is still a leader in the DevOps space in this post: Four Ways Chef Continues to Lead DevOps
We’re officially calling 2022 a wrap, read more about our wins in this post: Progress Chef Wrapped 2022 is Here
Mark your calendars for next month's webinars. Here’s what’s coming up:
Ankur Mundhra shared
Highlights of this week include:
- Working to ensure that upgrade works for AWS deployment of Automate HA
- Working to fix restoration failure use cases in Automate HA deployments
- Adding a new page to detail the configurations of Chef Infra Server which can be modified from CLI of Automate and Automate HA
- Team is undergoing training on Scaled Agile Framework of development
- Working to add and remove nodes in AWS deployment of Automate HA
- Working to upgrade Go Lang to 1.19
- Testing release candidate
Hello from Habitat!
This week's updates:
- Resolving oauth poblems between on-prem builder and automate
- A new builder release is targeted after the start of the new year with a fix
Chef Infra Client
Thomas Powell shared
Chef Infra Client:
- 18.1.x - Release TBD still.
- Chef 16 - Wrapping up a few minor nuanced things in release
- Chef 17 - Will begin backports once we have build fixes for Chef 16 sorted out, as the Chef 17 set will be very similar.
Kiah Tolliver shared
From @Vikram Karve and the Workstation team:
Workstation GUI - The Manage Cookbooks dashboard with minimal cookbook upload functionality is available in this current build on Windows & Mac. Usage notes here until this gets merged into main branch.
We've had a few releases mostly related to fixing some CI problems, but nothing major.
My plan is trying to slowly go through various cookbooks and fix their CI issues over the holiday break... at least the most used cookbooks