Let’s kick things off with some updates from DevRel:
Automate 2 version 20220329091442 Released! This release contains improved Telemetry Coverage for notifications under Settings page.
Ankur Mundhra shared
This week the team worked on:
- Milestone version of Automate has been released. Users will have to manually upgrade to the next major version.
- Fixed bug to solve license expiration message in the banner
- Opt-in telemetry events for notifications page in Settings tab Automate UI
- Chef Automate now embeds Chef Infra Server 14.13.42
- Working on resetting user.pem file as a part of User’s tab in Infra Server views
Hello from Habitat!
This week's updates:
- Making progress on next core-plans refresh
- Working on auto bumping core plan versions
- Investigating build order of core plan refresh
- Adding more robust retry backoff to init and tun hooks
- Investigating orphaned builds on builder
- Documenting how to use Azure postgres for on-prem builder
- Working to add better validation of "hab sup run" args when not including a package to run
Chef Infra Client
John McCrae shared
Good Morning Community from the Chef Client team! I'm reporting to you today from sunny Portland, Oregon!
- We fixed an issue with the
chef_client_launchdresource where it would configure the services properly, but the periodic run only started after a system restart. This change fixed that and makes sure that the chef client service runs without a restart. Thanks @rishiFixed a gnarly perf issue in
node.read()that was particularly affecting users following the changes to the
docker?helper in the introduction of chef-utils in 15.5.9 which switched to using
rubygems_urlproperty to the
chef_client_configresource to configure the same such property in
client.rb. Thanks @DecoyJoe
- We are continuing Ruby 3.1 testing on the verify pipeline
- We are completing SELinux resource integration with Chef Infra Client
- We completed work to move the client.pem file to the Certificate Store on Windows nodes. This will be available in Chef18 first and then Chef17 close behind that.
- We are continuing work on getting Chef18 ready to ship.
Chef Infra Server
Lincoln Baker shared
Here are a few things.
- Working on internal opensearch migration -
- Upgrading Erlang OTP to 24x -
- Sigv 4 changes are done, it is under review -
- Upgrading Perl to 5.34.
- Working on issue - API Endpoints to update client certs not accessible PUT
- Working on the Architecture of key management.
- Working on chef-server release 14.14
- Finished Review: Opscode Wordmark replacements
The Chef InSpec Team has been working on:
- New resource mail_alias
- Started on routing table resource
- Much progress on implementation of new
- Feasibility study and software design on profile auto-selection
- Feasibility study on scanning non-running docker images in place
- Documentation for platform support for AliCloud
Vikram Karve shared
Hi All! Here is what Workstation & Community Tools are working on
Note - we have resolved the blocker issue! the build system configuration had to be corrected, took a while to narrow down.Ready for release
- Introduced network interface addition support in kitchen-vcenter
- Address regression in cookbook caching- thanks @karmix!Fixed an issue with cookbook-omnifetch config default - thanks again @karmix!Fix to
knife user createissuePreview- Moving
chef supermarket(feature needs to be enabled manually)Implementation of
chef envin Golang
- Team is automating e2e test for kitchen-ec2 plugin and chef cli scenarios
- Updating test-kitchen CI to use GitHub actions
- Working on improving installer screens
Hello from the Sous Chefs!
It's been another quiet week but hopefully we'll pick up more soon.Here's the list of new releases in the past week:
- grafana - 10.0.2: Switch to reusable workflows
- jenkins - 9.5.2: Fix permissions on reusable workflow
Hello from the Cinc Project!
No releases this week, but we're excited that our word mark PR was finally merged in Chef Server. We're hoping the next release will be the first stable release of Cinc Server. That will depend on a few things however including stability. We'll start doing some test builds soon.
I'm also hoping to find more time to look into getting MacOS 12 builds again plus arm64 MacOS builds for the workstation build. Maybe some of the fixes upstream did also fixed issues we were having. We'll see!