May 25th- Chef Product MEGA Launch Noon ET Join Us! Chef Product MEGA Launch - Webinar | Chef
Blog Posts to Check Out:
Release Updates for Chef Infra Client 18
4 Reasons Why Chef’s MEGA Product Launch is a Must Attend Event
ChefConf '22, Progress 360, and DevReach Save the Date!
GitOps Approach to Continuous Security to Harden your CI/CD Pipeline
Chef Habitat 1.6.500 Released! This release improves backoff delay periods governing service restarts for failed init and run hooks among other improvements.
Chef Infra Server
Chef Infra Server 14.15.10 Released! This release fixes
chef-server-ctl password update issue.
Chef Workstation 22.5.923 Released! This release updates the berkshelf gem to support Ruby 3.1.
Ankur Mundhra shared
This week’s update from Automate team:
- Doing final round of testing before we support OpenSearch with Automate and Automate HA
- Working to solve a bug related to migration of PostgreSQL data after major upgrade
- Exploring potential workflow to migrate Sever users to Automate
- Habitat refresh is around the corner, and our changes will go live soon
- Drafting a document to upgrade from external Elasticsearch to external OpenSearch
- Working to expand the scope of existing compliance APIs to support date range capability
- Embedded Chef Infra Server package will upgrade to 14.15.10 soon
Hello from Habitat!
This week's updates:
- Tentatively looking to refresh all core packages on the 17th or 18th next week.
- Investigating a way to scan packages for CVEs
- Investigating supervisor strategies for ARM and we are experimenting with a concept of "native packages" See
- Adding end to end tests for builder worker
- Expand on prem installer to allow splitting minio and postgres
- Release a new habitat cli/supervisor 1.6.500
Chef Infra Server
Lincoln Baker shared
Hello from Infra Server!
- Continuing Erlang 24 update work.
- Updating Redis to 6.2.7.
- Migrating to OpenSearch.
- API design for server-side secrets.
- Updating JRE to 1.11.0_15.
- Investigating issue with Bifrost database growth.
Chef InSpec Team:
- InSpec Parallel command now handles Ctl-C and has logging
- InSpec sign command now works with inspec export command to display README and metadata
- bugfix - inspec json command now includes inputs data
- bugfix - profile gem dependencies now work correctly when no version is specified
Vikram Karve shared
Sure Kiah...Hi All! Here is what Workstation & Community Tools are working on
- Automating the end-to-end test scenario for chef push/ install.
- We have just started work on a screen accessible via tray icon to update Chef Infra Settings in Workstation.
- Updating knife-vrealize to work with vRA 8.
- Updating test-kitchen repos to use org-wide templates and workflows (to avoid duplication)
- Some repos such as fauxhai, berkshelf, semverse and berkshelf-cookbook-fixture needed to be forked into chef org. we are working on ensuring to sync the rubygems pages with right source code refs.
Hello from the Sous Chefs!
Here's the list of new releases in the past week:
firewall - 5.1.0: Add new providers for firewalld using the dbus-interface of firewalld
firewall - 6.0.0:
Values for firewalld resources must be specified as one would specify them to
Do not use begin/rescue blocks when adding
firewalld-objects, as that resulted in errors being logged by firewalld
Various bug fixes that were found along the way
openvpn - 7.0.0: Remove
comp-lzoas a default option
yum - 7.4.0: Add support for DNF property
Hello from the Cinc Project!
- Released 14.15.10
- Released 22.5.923