Meeting notes for November 19th, 2020

Below are the meeting notes for this week's Community Meeting, a text-based meeting held weekly in #community-meetings on our community slack, which you can join: https://community-slack.chef.io/

DevRel/Community

benny Vasquez shared

We’ll start with just one quick thing from me. The forums at forums.habitat.sh have been locked and will not allow for new content to be created. I’m working with the discourse team to cleanly migrate all of the content from there to discourse.chef.io and set up redirects. I’ll obviously let y’all know when it is all done, but let me know if you have questions in the meantime.

This week’s releases

Chef Workstation

benny Vasquez shared

The Workstation team got that release they were working on last week out the door. Lots and lots of updates in there, so definitely take a look.

https://discourse.chef.io/t/chef-workstation-20-11-180-released/17961

Other releases

benny Vasquez shared

We had a release of chef-vault, too. 4.1 is out with a fix for secrets that contain escape characters and a pretty significant performance improvement for users with large numbers of secrets. This will be included in the upcoming Chef Infra Client 16.7 release. Like @tas50 said in his announcement, thanks to @annih for the performance work.

Fauxhai-ng 8.5 is now up on Rubygems. This release updates AIX 7.1 data from Chef 14.0 -> 16.7 and adds a new AIX 7.2 dump. This fixes ChefSpec issues for users on AIX. The new dumps now have proper filesystem data, shard plugin data, and ruby plugin data.

Updates

Chef Infra Server

prajakta shared

Hello folks!
This week for Chef Infra Server:

• We are working on reviewing and getting the final pieces of sig_v4 support for AWS ready.
  • Working on a bug fix where we support only path style requests but AWS will support only virtual style hosted requests.
  • We had a couple of pipeline related issues that have now been fixed.
  • We are testing and reviewing the change for rails update.

That is all for us! Take care everyone!

Chef Infra Client

tas50 shared

Chef Infra Client

• Continue to work on DNF / Yum improvements
  • Nearing time to merge the new audit functionality in the client
  • Ohai improvements for AIX
  • Merged in improved user/group logging on converge
  • Merged PowerShell 7.1 support
  • Merged in an updated chef-vault with JSON handling improvements and perf improvements

Sous Chefs

ramereth shared

Hello from Sous Chefs!

A busy week of releases! Maybe I'll get replaced by a script soon...

control_groups 0.2.1 has been released:

• Resolved failures in the recipe / resources to find the correct helper methods

php 8.0.1 has been released:

• Prevent Apache from being pulled in as a dependency on Ubuntu 20.04 (#311)

postgresql 8.0.1 has been released:

• Use system default locale when creating databases
  • resolved cookstyle error: spec/libraries/helpers_spec.rb:2:18 convention: Style/RedundantFileExtensionInRequire

consul 4.0.7 has been released:

• Changed type of log_rotate_bytes to Integer

tftp 4.0.0 has been released:

• Sous Chefs Adoption
  • Update to use Sous Chefs GH workflow
  • Switch CentOS/Fedora to use systemd unit instead of xinetd
  • Add Ubuntu 20.04 testing
  • Add CentOS 8 testing
  • Remove EL6 testing

djbdns 5.1.0 has been released:

• Sous Chefs Adoption
  • Fix integration tests
  • Add Ubuntu 20.04 testing

transmission 5.0.0 has been released:

• Sous Chefs Adoption
  • Update to version 3.00 for source installation
  • Multiple fixes on various platforms

nginx 10.6.1 has been released:

• Update log to display at end of run to be more visible

aptly 2.3.2 has been released:

• Various cookstyle fixes

mariadb 4.1.1 has been released:

• resolved cookstyle error: spec/libraries/helper_spec.rb:2:18 convention: Style/RedundantFileExtensionInRequire
  • resolved underscore bug: mariadb_user 's :grant action incorrectly handled privileges with underscores, now it correctly substitutes them with a space

mariadb 4.1.2 has been released (thanks @shoekstra ):

• fix default libgalera_smm.so path on x86_64 systems

vscode 1.0.3 has been released:

• fixed yamllint warning for "on" in the ci workflow

grafana 9.5.1 has been released:

• Removed duplicate attribute (#389)

Thanks to @Xorima , I have been partially replaced by a "script" thanks to his diligent work on getting auto releasing going with our cookbooks. As of this morning, all repositories now have auto releasing enabled. All that needs to happen is the PR needs to have release tag and then be merged.

Cinc Updates

ramereth shared

Hello from the Cinc Project!

Cinc Workstation:

• Released 20.11.180 via the unstable channel

No other updates from various teams that I'm aware of. We're either busy with $work priorities or waiting on new releases from upstream

See you next week!

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.