We are delighted to announce the availability of version 20180912124609 of Chef Automate 2.
- "Missing" nodes now get deleted automatically after 30 days. This time period is configurable via the API. You can also configure when a node is marked missing (default is 1 day). See the docs on Managing Node Data for more information.
- Automatically Delete Missing Nodes: Automate marks any node that fails to check in within 24-hours as "missing" and then deletes missing nodes after 30 days. You can configure both check-in window and the delete-window, see the documentation on Managing Node Data for more information.
- Clean Up: Hitting delete on the Client Runs page completely clears a selected category.
- Now with Reruns: Re-run
inspec detectjobs with the new button on the Automate scanner nodes list.
- See and do: You'll see what OS a compliance profile supports in the profile details.
- More Azure Compliance: Implemented additional controls for CIS Azure Foundations v1.1.0.
- Preview Compliance Profiles: You can use more STIG controls for DISA STIGs (RHEL7 and Windows 2016). These aren't the full STIG--yet--and we're putting them through more QA testing.
- Render Profiles: We added title strings to the CIS AWS Foundations v1.1.0 compliance profile to make it right.
- Keeping Secrets: You cant create an unused secret on the notifications page.
- Bring It Down: Download your uploaded compliance profiles.
- Check it: Fixed the checkbox for enabling and disabling sharing your anonymized usage and diagnostic data with Chef.
- Unblock it: Use your adblocker and still see the
sharebutton on search bar on the Client page.
By default Chef Automate 2 will automatically upgrade to this new version. If you have disabled automatic upgrades you can manually initiate an upgrade by running:
chef-automate upgrade run
As always, we welcome your feedback and invite you to contact us directly or share your feedback online. Thanks for using Chef Automate 2!