We are delighted to announce the availability of version 20181212095204 of Chef Automate 2.
- Terminated node cleanup: Terminating AWS nodes managed through the node manager integration also deletes the corresponding nodes on the client-runs page.
- Named Tokens: Create tokens with unique alphanumeric IDs, aka letters and numbers, from the API tokens page in the Admin tab. You don't have to do this, and if you don't name your token, we'll still generate a token automatically for you.
- Token Details: Every token has its own details page, where you can examine its details and change its name.
- Better Compliance Reporting: Chef Automate checks incoming compliance reports for valid node
uuids attached. Reports without valid node
uuids get rejected.
- Faster Compliance Reporting: We increased the number of threads so the service ingests more reports.
- Deleted and stopped: Deleted scan jobs won't run in the background. Marking nodes for deletion stops the inspec-agent from running them.
- Unmarshal error: Stopped including the invalid character
-after array elements in uploaded inherited profiles.
- Telemetry opt-out: We removed opting-out of telemetry with the API. We also fixed opting-out of telemetry with the Chef Automate config, and you can still opt out from the browser.
How to Upgrade
By default Chef Automate 2 will automatically upgrade to this new version. If you have disabled automatic upgrades you can manually initiate an upgrade by running:
chef-automate upgrade run
As always, we welcome your feedback and invite you to contact us directly or share your feedback online. Thanks for using Chef Automate 2!