We are delighted to announce the availability of version 20190813170406 of Chef Automate 2.
- Why Not Both?: You can now configure Automate to use both LDAP and SAML, rather than choosing between the two. You're now able to choose up to one provider each for both LDAP and SAML.
- Top Navigation Changes: Event Feed moved to under the Dashboards tab, and Client Runs relocated to under the Infrastructure tab.
- Better Fit: Chef Server Organization and Chef Server filters have been moved from the left-navigation menu to the on-page filter box for both the Event Feed and Client Runs pages. This change allows you to filter by multiple Server Organizations and Servers, and also to share and bookmark page URLs with filters still applied.
- More Sorting: We added a filter box to the Event Feed page with options to filter by Chef Server Organization, Chef Server, and Event Type.
- Status Check: The Nodes display under the Compliance tab now features filter buttons for Failed, Passed, and Skipped states.
- Key Point: We improved keyboard accessibility on the Chef Automate Sign In page.
- Resolved: We fixed an UI failure for older browsers without native
- Corrected: The "Mark Nodes Missing" data lifecycle job no longer runs with the wrong threshold.
How to Upgrade
By default Chef Automate 2 will automatically upgrade to this new version. If you have disabled automatic upgrades you can manually initiate an upgrade by running:
chef-automate upgrade run
As always, we welcome your feedback and invite you to contact us directly or share your feedback online. Thanks for using Chef Automate 2!