We are delighted to announce the availability of version 20200123225613 of Chef Automate 2.
- Look, Everyone: Applications Dashboard is now generally available! Learn more in our Applications docs.
- Brand New: Check out our new Chef Automate-deployed on-prem Builder, featuring both Chef Automate and Chef Habitat Builder on-prem together!
- Quicker Than Ever: We improved the 3-dot menu at the end of table rows, so the displays load much faster now.
- See The Difference: The user management display features consistency improvements.
- The More, The Better: We added more information to the output of the
chef-automate backup show <backup_id>command to support debugging.
- On The Same Page: The modified profiles search endpoint uses one (1) for the first page now, instead of zero, for consistency with other APIs.
- Mended: We repaired a broken
--patch-configflag for backup restores. Under most cases, this flag was being ignored and would result in a restore having the exact configuration as the backup.
Identity and Access Management v2
- Prepare for Glory: We increased the project limit from 6 to 300.
- Squashed: Fixed bug associated with using the browser back button after navigating from the Teams page to the Users page in Settings.
- Targeted: The project filter and project assignment dropdown now features the ability to search for specific projects!
- One Click: It's now possible to clear all your project selections at once in the project filter.
How to Upgrade
By default Chef Automate 2 will automatically upgrade to this new version. If you have disabled automatic upgrades you can manually initiate an upgrade by running:
chef-automate upgrade run
As always, we welcome your feedback and invite you to contact us directly or share your feedback online. Thanks for using Chef Automate 2!