We are delighted to announce the availability of version 20200220011437 of Chef Automate 2.
- Update your projects in Access Management by selecting the
Update Projectsbutton that appears at the bottom of the page. A progress banner displays whenever an update is in progress.
- Backups for Chef Habitat artifacts are now incremental. Only Chef Habitat artifacts that do not exist previously in the backup repository will be copied in full.
- Chef Automate data backup includes Applications data.
- Chef Automate Compliance backend supports Chef InSpec waivers.
- We resolved bugs related to Chrome 80.0.3987.87 and modal windows in Chef Automate and in the Chef Automate API documentation.
- We fixed a goroutine memory leak, which affected all services using the
- Chef Client Run reports with no
entity_uuidfield will now be rejected, which prevents bad report ingestion.
- Failing profiles will be skipped and logged in an error message when migrating from Chef Automate 1 to Chef Automate 2, which allows the migration to complete instead of fail.
- The Applications dashboard is now hidden if a user lacks the authorization for viewing.
How to Upgrade
By default Chef Automate 2 will automatically upgrade to this new version. If you have disabled automatic upgrades you can manually initiate an upgrade by running:
chef-automate upgrade run
As always, we welcome your feedback and invite you to contact us directly or share your feedback online. Thanks for using Chef Automate 2!