We are delighted to announce the availability of version 20200325163209 of Chef Automate 2.
In the next Chef Automate release available on April 13th, 2020, users of Identity and Access Management v1 (IAM v1) will automatically upgrade to Identity and Access Management v2 (IAM v2). All IAM v1 users, teams, tokens, and policies will migrate to IAM v2. Some things to keep in mind:
- If you want to upgrade to IAM v2 before this next release, see our upgrading to IAM v2 documentation, available until April 13th, 2020.
- API Tokens created in the browser will work differently in IAM v2. After creation, an API token will have zero permissions. Add the new API token to a policy to grant permissions.
- Check your scripts! Creating admin API Tokens from the CLI in IAM v2 uses a new command:
chef-automate iam token create <your token name here> --admin.
- If your IAM v1 local team names contain non-alphanumeric characters other than hyphens and underscores, these local teams will need to be recreated to function correctly in IAM v2.
- Good Times: The Elasticsearch gateway timeout default value increases from 5 minutes to 10 minutes to support installations with backups in Amazon S3.
- That's the Way: The Project Update banner respects a multi-user environment. All users' browsers display pending edit notifications for projects and for project updates in progress.
- Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough: Check out our expanded IAM API documentation!
- Stayin' Alive: The "Your System is Compliant" banner appears when the scanned infrastructure's status is
waivedon the Compliance Reports page.
- Turn the Beat Around: Failed Compliance Scan Jobs return a more verbose error message.
- Got to Be Real: The Project Update banner shows on all pages consistently.
- Jump to It: The Project Details page updates correctly.
- Second Time Around: The Save button on the IAM detail pages disables in a consistent manner when you return a value to its original state.
- Stomp: IP addresses in a Compliance report no longer experience overwriting with incorrect values.
- Celebration: The region value for an AWS Account scan populates correctly.
How to Upgrade
By default Chef Automate 2 will automatically upgrade to this new version. If you have disabled automatic upgrades you can manually initiate an upgrade by running:
chef-automate upgrade run
As always, we welcome your feedback and invite you to contact us directly or share your feedback online. Thanks for using Chef Automate 2!