Hi everyone! I’m happy to announce the release of InSpec 1.47.0.
One great new feature in this release is the introduction of backend caching. With the
--backend-cache flag, you can instruct InSpec to cache the results of commands in a single InSpec run. For example, if you have multiple tests in different controls that run the same command on the host, and the command is rather time-intensive, the results can be cached so the command is only run once.
This is currently opt-in behavior but is planned to be the default behavior in InSpec 2.0. We also have some additional performance improvements coming for Windows in the next week or so.
- Unique export file for security policy resource #2350 (jquick)
- json resource: ensure params is not nil in event of read/parse failure #2354 (adamleff)
- key_rsa resource: fix inline shell documentation help, wrong resource name used in examples #2364 (eramoto)
- security_policy resource: use PID for filename instead of random #2368 (jquick)
Merged Pull Requests
- docker_image resource: properly handle registries in image strings #2356 (adamleff)
You can find InSpec v1.47.0 on downloads.chef.io, RubyGems, Habitat Builder, and DockerHub.