Ohai folks! Thanks for joining me for another community meeting!
Let’s kick things off with some updates for your educational viewing and reading pleasure:
Reminder: There are less than 2 weeks left to nominate an Awesome Chef!
- To learn more about the Awesome Chef Awards, feel free to visit the website
- To nominate an Awesome Chef, fill out this form
- Winners will be announced at ChefConf, so register now!
Also, we’ve prepared a few community gathering events for ChefConf this year. You have to be with us in person to attend them.
Blog Posts to Check Out:
Why Policyfile and How to Use Them?
Chef Integration with ServiceNow
Chef Automate Now Supports Ingestion of Large Compliance Reports
Raising a Toast to Celebrate Our 11th Year of ChefConf - “Simplifying Complexities”
Automate version 4.2.47 Released! This release improves the process to upgrade to Automate HA.
Ankur Mundhra shared
Highlights of this week include:
- SSH port number can now be configured in Automate HA
- Upgrade process of Automate HA now copies tfstate file at appropriate path
- Fixed bug to see Org Name in Infra Server views
- Downloadable airgap bundle will be available for 60 days instead of 30 days
- Fixed the bug to show disclosure banner
- Fixed a bug to delete nodes in Automate when they are deleted from Automate
- Improved capability to display special character in control id or name
- Blog on supporting large compliance report is available now
- Testing modification of compliance stats API to support date range capability
Hello from Habitat!
This week's updates:
- Working on "native packages" UX details
- Working on improving build order and rdep resolution for package builds
- Bringing "base-plan" repos back into the core-plans mono repo
- Wrapping up rolling update bug fixes
- Working on updating several habitat depenency librarie
- Looking at builder changes needed for native packages
Chef Infra Client
John McCrae shared
Reporting in for Chef Client team
Chef-18 is almost building. We are so close to having a candidate for everyone to take a look at. We are very excited to get your feedback
This week we are closing on some build errors and hope to have a build-out for everyone very shortly.
Chef InSpec Team:
- Preliminary work on design of a support tool for InSpec parallel, potentially called inspec list
- Lots of work on kubernetes resources
- Finalized work on attestations
- Continued work on new DSL keyword, only_applicable_if
- Research into scanning container registries and initial work into a train driver for ECR
Vikram Karve shared
Hi All! Here is what Workstation, Community Tools & Omnibus folks are working on
- Workstation UI- Locally running REST API service almost done. We have mockup from UX now to refer.
- Workstation UI- Wrapping up with code changes to use the cookbook upload functionality in knife.
- The Omnibus folks are exploring various ways to support universal mac package, we'll finalise the approach shortly.
Hello from Sous Chefs!
Here's the list of new releases in the past week:
Remove delivery folder
Cookstyle fixes, Chef 17 updates: enable unified_mode on all resources
Bump required Chef Infra Client to >= 15.3
lvm 6.0.1: Update chef-ruby-lvm-attrib gem to 0.3.10
vcruntime - 2.2.11
Update vc12 and vc14 checksums for new releases of 2013, 2015-2019 and 2015-2022 runtimes
Removed deprecated Chef Delivery job
Removed deprecated Windows 2016 integration jobs
Removed stale workflow from github actions
Updated platforms to match supported versions
Hello from the Cinc Project!
Working on resolving failures when upgrading from Cinc Server 15: cinc server 15 upgrade failed (#27) · Issues · cinc / distribution / server · GitLab
Created a patch which seems to resolve the issue
Will be rebuilding 15.0.9 to include these fixes and will announce once that's completed.
See issue above for applying a manual patch in the meantime.
I still need to make the upstream PR with the other fixes and will also include this in said PR.
I closed a bunch of issues I think have been resolved since we did the stable release. If you believe any of these are in error, please reply to the issue and we can look at it.