Not much to report today from a content perspective.
Just a quick reminder that ChefConf '22 is fully virtual and it's in 25 days! Grab your FREE passes today!
I want to extend a special thank you to everyone who nominated an Awesome Chef. We have officially closed nominations and will be tallying up our winners over the next few days. We'll announce them via live stream on the final day of ChefConf!
Automate version 4.2.59 Released! This release contains quite a few compliance profile updates.
Ankur Mundhra shared
Highlights of this week include:
- Improved node name search on compliance report to not be case sensitive
- Suse Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP 5 is now supported with Automate HA
- Upgraded Habitat version to 1.6.521
- Compliance profiles update: CIS Oracle profiles, MSSQL Server 2016 profiles, Windows Server 2016 & 2022 profiles, STIG Ubuntu 20.x profiles and more
- Fixed a bug to delink multiple controls with same name under different profiles
- Fixed a bug to ensure that correct date range are being passed to backend APIs from compliance reporting view
Chef InSpec team:
- Mainly working on ChefConf presentations
- Work on scanning container registries
- Work on scanning Kubernetes cluster containers
- Research into OpenShift
Vikram Karve shared
Hi All! Here is what Workstation, Community Tools & Omnibus folks are working on
- Workstation UI- Locally running REST API service ready. Now securing & implementing the API for cookbook actions.
- Workstation UI- Developing screens based on UX mockup
- The Omnibus folks are have made some headway in universal mac package, one approach seems to work. Validating same.
Hello from Sous Chefs!
Here's the list of new releases in the past week:
percona - 3.2.0
myisam_repair_threadsfor < 5.7 as it's been deprecated
Remove delivery and move to calling RSpec directly via a reusable workflow
Update tested platforms
Add support to Alma Linux & Rocky Linux
Update default encoding when using 8.0 to
utf8mb3to fix idempotency issues
Fix management of server
trueto fix idempotency on Debian based systems
Fix issue when testing on Debian dokken images by removing
redisio - 6.2.3: Fix grammar in
README.md, Use latest instead of current channel with dokken
redisio - 6.2.4: Fix systemd entry to ensure listening on all network interfaces