Hey Folks! Thanks for joining me for another community meeting. Let’s kick things off with a few updates from DevRel:
If you haven't already heard, our very own @Jeff Strauss co-hosts "How To Human" with Nichol and Sam every other Friday. If you missed the first show, that's ok. You can catch it on YouTube. It was a blast!
The next topic is Implicit Bias and it will air on Twitch tomorrow, Friday 2 Dec at 10am ET. Tune in to show support
Did you hear that Progress Chef was recognized as a Policy as Code Leader by GigaOm? Read the full blog post here.
Webinars are back on the schedule, y’all. Check out what’s up next:
Kallol Roy shared
Highlights of this week include:
- Improved documentation to update certificates on nodes using path of certificates from bastion system in Automate HA cluster.
- Drafted steps to follow for disaster recovery for AWS deployment of Automate HA.
- Working to ensure that Infra Server configs can be provided from Automate configuration.
- Improved shard requirement for successful running of Automate HA cluster.
- Working to show configuration of each node in bastion system in Automate HA setup.
- Upgrading software components to ensure that defects related to upgrades are solved.
- Testing a new minor release of Automate; will be released in the next few days.
Hello from Habitat!
This weeks updates:
- More progress on Core packages for ARM
- Refactoring around Notify crate's API changes
- Investigating Windows 11 Docker Studio issues
Chef Infra Client
Thomas Powell shared
Chef Infra Client
- 18.1.x - FIPS issue merged, have a cleanup item or two to follow up on.
- Chef 16 - Working through last blockers on the builds and combing through possible community PRs that need to get merged in.
- Chef 17 - Looking at addressing 17 after wrapping up 16
Chef Infra Server
Lincoln Baker shared
Hello from Infra Server
- [Courier] Design ISP for Job State subsystem
- [Courier] Integration testing
- [Courier] Implement schedulemanager.UpdateJobById
- [Courier] Setup the environment to use the persistence store
- [Courier] Implement Storage Resource
- [Courier] Implement State Engine to get and put resources into storage
- [Automate] Investigate failures in Automate on upgrade to Infra Server 15.3.2
- Upgrade rebar3
- Document updating Erlang dependencies as part of release process
- Update Erlang dependencies
- Investigate Hab package exec chef/knife-ec-backup knife-ec-restore failing with errors
- Update knife-ec-backup to output meaningful success/failure results
- Investigate Umbrella pipeline failures
- [Courier] Add basic implementation of API calls to the message delivery subsystem
- Umbrella pipeline fixes
- License scout fixes
- Bump pg gem from 1.4.4 to 1.4.5 in chef-server-ctl
- Bump pg gem from 1.4.4 to 1.4.5 in oc-id
- Bump omnibus
Kiah Tolliver shared
From @Vikram Karve and the Workstation/Community Tools team:
- Workstation GUI - Wrapping up few loose ends in frontend to get the PR merged & release ready
- Omnibus - Mac universal installer for chef client v18 is ready. Working on making it available on packages.chef.io via omnitruck.chef.io
- Build systems - Introducing changes to optimise chef-client build time and pipeline reliability.
Hello from Sous Chefs
grafana - 10.2.0:
Add enabled property to config_unified_alerting resource grafana docs
Add force_migration property to config resource to allow unified alerting to be rolled back
Migrate install resource to use new default repo URLs