Ohai folks! Thanks for joining me for another community meeting.
Let’s kick things off with some updates from DevRel:
July 20th- Manage Chef Deployments from the Cloud with Chef SaaS
Events to Attend:
Play ball with Chef
- July 26th Chicago Cubs vs Pittsburgh Pirates @ 1:20 PM - Wrigley Field, Chicago
THIS JUST IN:
You asked for community-focused events at ChefConf ’22 and we delivered! Check out our event list below. The revolution will not be televised so you’ll have to attend in person to participate!
No releases this week
Kallol Roy shared
Highlights of this week include:
- Working to support date range in compliance APIs.
- Working to fix missing Disclosure banner.
- Working to fix breadcrumb in Infra Server View.
- Working to provide option of custom SSH port in Automate HA machines.
- Improving A2HA to Automate HA migration documentation.
Hello from Habitat!
This week's updates:
- Working on "native packages" CI and ARM builds
- Working on improving build order for package builds
- Fixing bug where supervisor toml file cannot include hostnames for binds
- Refreshing sqllite core package and its rdeps
- looking at some bugs with rolling updates
Chef Infra Client
John McCrae shared
Good Morning from the Chef Infra team - reporting to you from the world of DevOps
- Looking into a nagging issue with the PowerShell module and FFI where the parser extracts garbage characters
- Clearing up errors in both the AdHoc and Verify pipelines
- Closing in on the final items to get a Chef-18 release out the door by the end of the month
Chef Infra Server
Lincoln Baker shared
- Upgrade to Erlang 24+
- Adhoc jobs design
- knife ec backup enhancements
- Add authz_time, authz_count, url to logs
- Additional documentation for Opensearch for tiered setup
Chef InSpec Team:
- Continued work on Podman resources - podman_image and podman_network
- Finished work on low-level support for
inspec suggestsupport tools
- Continued work on Kubernetes resource support
- Added support for XLS, XLSX, and CSV support for waiver files
- Started work on Attestations
Vikram Karve shared
Hi All! Here is what Workstation, Community Tools & Omnibus folks are working on
- Continue to develop Workstation GUI to manage repositories & cookbooks. Merged initial PR.
- Assisting Chef Infra Client to resolve release / verify pipeline issues toward v18 release.
- Planning phase- introducing support for building universal macos binaries in omnibus.
- Enabled build support on FreeBSD 13 & finishing up with AIX 7.3 setup.
Released Cinc Workstation 22.7.1006 earlier today (sorry for the delay!)
Cinc Server 15.0.9 status
Build completed but running into run time issues related to paths that should be using dist constants
I'm working through those issues right now and will be providing an upstream PR once I get them all resolved on our end
I'll backport this fix to get 15.0.9 to run properly. I hope to get it fixed/released in the next few days
Reminder to Chef Devs: Please remember to use Dist constants !!!