Happy New Year Folks! Thanks for joining me for the first community meeting of the year!
We’re kicking back into gear internally, so not much to report from a DevRel perspective…yet but stay tuned because great things are coming.
Just a reminder, our next Community Advisory Council is coming up next week 12 Jan at 1pm ET. Here’s the Zoom link.
Learn more about Setting up Chef Infra and Chef Automate Server with this latest blog post.
New year, new webinars. Here’s what’s coming up:Jan 11 Seamless Premium Content Delivery Seamless Premium Content Delivery - Webinar | Chef
Jan 17 Simplifying SOC2 Compliance for Cloud Security Simplifying SOC2 Compliance for Cloud Security - Webinar | Chef
Automate version 4.4.10 Released! This release contains a host of new features including adding the ability to patch configurations from Bastion host of Automate HA and adding new Automate CLI command to add and delete frontend and backend nodes of Automate HA for On-Prem deployment.
Ankur Mundhra shared
Highlights of this week include:
- A new version of Automate was released, 4.4.10
- Upgraded OpenSearch to 1.3.6
- Upgraded OpenJDK to 11.0.17+8
- New and updated compliance profiles for Rocky Linux 8, Oracle Linux 8, Alma Linux 8, RHEL 7 & 8, Windows Server 2019, Windows 2016, Azure Fundamentals, GKE and SharePoint
- End-user confirmation for workspace upgrade while upgrading from v4.x to 4.4.x will not be asked
- Fixed issue while rotating certificate for On-Prem deployment of Automate HA
- Fixed issue to delete backups which do not exist
- Chef Infra Server configurations can now be patched using Chef Automate patch mechanism
Hello from Habitat!
Yesterday we released some nginx config updates to on-prem builder specifically turned on when authenticating against automate. This fixes outh errors when using automate as an oauth provider with modern versions of Automate.
Chef Infra Client
Thomas Powell shared
Chef Infra Client: 18.1.0 released... (Chocolately package still pending approval and working on getting docs out) contents:Resource Updates
- Resource validation should be aware of action property requirements ( #13069) - Thanks @sabat
- RHSM/Satellite - add option to set release version when using activation keys ( #13352) - Thanks @ianl678
- Launchd - added associated_bundle_identifiers to provide an optional key which indicates which bundles the Login Items Added by Apps panel associates with the helper executable. ( #13288) - Thanks @chilcote
- yum_repository - add makecache_fast property to enable downloading only the minimum required metadata when refreshing the cache. ( #12915) - Thanks - @lanky
- FIPS mode breakage in Windows has been resolved. ( #13375)
- Update deprecated hab sup status call to hab sac status ( #13314) - Thanks @gene1wood!
- Fix indentation error in yum_helper.py that was causing disable repo options to be ignored unless it appeared last in the repos array ( #13327) - Thanks @darnaut
- Switch from Boolean to String type as value for the deprecated property option. ( #13350) Thanks @jweyer8
- Update file_system to send back the copy status ( #13107)
- Intermittent FFI::Yajl errors
Chef 16 release should be in the works next and Chef 17 should be fairly soon behind that.
Chef Infra Server
Lincoln Baker shared
- [DAST Scan] Cacheable SSL page found
- [Chef Infra Server] Investigate Commons vulnerability
- [Chef Infra Server] Investigate unable to upload cookbooks after upgrading from 15.1.7 to 15.3.2
- Add el-9 to the builders, testers, and the Umbrella pipeline for Infra Server
- Refactor/cleanup work
- [Chef Infra Server] rebar3 upgrade
- [Chef Infra Server] Update knife-ec-backup to output meaningful success/failure results
- [Courier Server] Ensure that a new Job (POST w/ 201) adds the URL of the created job in a Location header
- [Courier Server] Implement schedulemanager.UpdateJobById
- [Automate] Investigate Automate failures on upgrading to Infra Server 15.3.2
- Develop workaround for ibrowse pipelines and parallel connections issue
Vikram Karve shared
Hello from Sous Chefs!
apt - 7.5.0
Update 50unattended-upgrades to package defaults
Add testing for Ubuntu 22.04, CI updates
postgresql - 11.1.1: Fix parsing of address field in pga_hba.conf
vagrant - 4.0.0
Update default version to install to 2.3.4
Logic fixes for installing >= 2.3.0
CI and Cookstyle fixes
Update tested platforms
Standardize helper library and clean it up
Cleanup and modernize unit tests
Fix up generic installation
yum-remi-chef - 6.2.0
Add remi_php82 resource for supporting PHP 8.2
Add support for AlmaLinux 9, CentOS Stream 9 and Rocky Linux 9
Remove remaining references to CentOS 8
Fix CI and update tests
Hello from the Cinc Project!
- Looks like we'll be building 18.1.0 soon since it was just released
- No other new updates