Ohai folks! Happy Thursday! Thanks for joining me for another community meeting.
Let’s kick things off with some updates from DevRel
I’m excited to announce that we have a new addition to our DevRel team. Help me welcome our new fearless leader @Jeffrey Strauss!
Now for some updates to satisfy your reading/viewing pleasure
Blog Posts to Check Out:
What’s new in InSpec 5?
July 6th- Pick up your automation strategy by codifying your endpoint fleet
Events to Attend:
Play ball with Chef
- July 26th Chicago Cubs vs Pittsburgh Pirates @ 1:20 PM - Wrigley Field, Chicago
Want to speak at ChefConf? Our call for speakers has been extended until July 8th
Automate version 4.2.10 Released! With this release Chef Automate can now ingest and process InSpec Scan reports of size larger than 4MB
Chef Supermarket 5.1.44 Released! This release adds provision to allow multiple hostname to the list of allowed hosts among other enhancements
Ankur Mundhra shared
Highlights of this week include:
- Large compliance report support in Automate has been released with v4.2.10
- Documentation of Automate HA has been improved
- Working to support OpenSearch HTTP (non-SSL)
- Improved documentation of external PostgreSQL configuration
- Working to improve the security of cookies by adding a HTTP-only header
- Fixed creation of bundle in proxy environment
- Working to support date range in compliance APIs
Hello from Habitat!
This week's updates:
- Released new builder binaries to public SAAS environment. See
- Working on "native packages" CI and ARM builds
- Working on improving build order for package builds
- Fixing bug where supervisor toml file cannot include hostnames for binds
Chef Infra Client
John McCrae shared
Chef Infra team checking in
This week we were hyper-focused on getting ready for Chef 18
Chef Infra Server
Lincoln Baker shared
Hello from Infra Server!
- Upgrading Erlang to 24+
- Investigation of possible issues with knife ec backup
- Adding additional logging (authz_time, authz_count, URL) to knife ec backup
- API design for server side secrets
Chef InSpec Team:
- Major progress on the inspec suggest support tool, suggtool, including a preflight check and a git fetcher
- License scout worked once, some progress there
- Support for podman merged in, now working on podman resources
- Enhanced outcomes work in final stages, now working on automated reporters
- More work on kubernetes resources
- UX review meeting on telemetry
Vikram Karve shared
Hi All! Here is what Workstation, Community Tools & Omnibus folks are working on
- Begun developing Workstation GUI to manage repositories & cookbooks.
- Assisting Chef Infra Client to resolve release / verify pipeline issues toward v18 release.
- Planning phase- introducing support for building universal macos binaries in omnibus.
It's a thinner stream this time, some folks on vacation
I still need to build the latest Cinc Server build. Hoping to actually get to that today..
Notes from leadership:
Final call to participate in Progress Chef Product Survey.Every feedback counts, and this is the last chance to submit the survey. The survey will be open till 5th July 8 PM ET, the feedback you share will help us improve the product and make your experience using Chef even better. You can find the link to the survey below: