Meeting Notes for June 30, 2022

Below are the meeting notes for this week's Community Meeting, a text-based meeting held weekly in #community-meetings on our community slack, which you can join:


Kiah shared

Ohai folks! Happy Thursday! Thanks for joining me for another community meeting.

Let’s kick things off with some updates from DevRel

I’m excited to announce that we have a new addition to our DevRel team. Help me welcome our new fearless leader @Jeffrey Strauss!

Now for some updates to satisfy your reading/viewing pleasure

Blog Posts to Check Out:
What’s new in InSpec 5?

Upcoming Webinars:
July 6th- Pick up your automation strategy by codifying your endpoint fleet

Events to Attend:
Play ball with Chef

  • July 26th Chicago Cubs vs Pittsburgh Pirates @ 1:20 PM - Wrigley Field, Chicago

Want to speak at ChefConf? Our call for speakers has been extended until July 8th

This week’s releases

Chef Automate

Kiah shared

Automate version 4.2.10 Released! With this release Chef Automate can now ingest and process InSpec Scan reports of size larger than 4MB

Other releases

Kiah shared

Chef Supermarket 5.1.44 Released! This release adds provision to allow multiple hostname to the list of allowed hosts among other enhancements


Chef Automate

Ankur Mundhra shared

Hello community
Highlights of this week include:

  • Large compliance report support in Automate has been released with v4.2.10
  • Documentation of Automate HA has been improved
  • Working to support OpenSearch HTTP (non-SSL)
  • Improved documentation of external PostgreSQL configuration
  • Working to improve the security of cookies by adding a HTTP-only header
  • Fixed creation of bundle in proxy environment
  • Working to support date range in compliance APIs

Team Automate

Chef Habitat

mwrockx shared

Hello from Habitat!
This week's updates:

  • Released new builder binaries to public SAAS environment. See

Builder Release June 2022 .

  • Working on "native packages" CI and ARM builds
  • Working on improving build order for package builds
  • Fixing bug where supervisor toml file cannot include hostnames for binds

Chef Infra Client

John McCrae shared

Chef Infra team checking in

This week we were hyper-focused on getting ready for Chef 18

Chef Infra Server

Lincoln Baker shared

Hello from Infra Server!

  • Upgrading Erlang to 24+
  • Investigation of possible issues with knife ec backup
  • Adding additional logging (authz_time, authz_count, URL) to knife ec backup
  • API design for server side secrets

Chef Inspec

cwolfe shared

Chef InSpec Team:

  • Major progress on the inspec suggest support tool, suggtool, including a preflight check and a git fetcher
  • License scout worked once, some progress there
  • Support for podman merged in, now working on podman resources
  • Enhanced outcomes work in final stages, now working on automated reporters
  • More work on kubernetes resources
  • UX review meeting on telemetry

Chef Workstation

Vikram Karve shared

Hi All! Here is what Workstation, Community Tools & Omnibus folks are working on

  • Begun developing Workstation GUI to manage repositories & cookbooks.
  • Assisting Chef Infra Client to resolve release / verify pipeline issues toward v18 release.
  • Planning phase- introducing support for building universal macos binaries in omnibus.

It's a thinner stream this time, some folks on vacation

Cinc Updates

ramereth shared

I still need to build the latest Cinc Server build. Hoping to actually get to that today..

Other updates

Notes from leadership:

Final call to participate in Progress Chef Product Survey.Every feedback counts, and this is the last chance to submit the survey. The survey will be open till 5th July 8 PM ET, the feedback you share will help us improve the product and make your experience using Chef even better. You can find the link to the survey below:


See you next week!

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.