Let’s kick things off with some updates from DevRel:
Just a reminder that we’re going to retire our Tuesday/Thursday livestream schedule and cut back quite a bit on them to help give us time to build super quality content for 1-2 streams a month. If you have anything to offer, let us know! Else, keep your eye on the #devrel channel for more info.
March 30th - Are Scripts Slowing Down System Admins? Codify Your Fleet Instead! - Webinar | Chef
April 14th- Chef InSpec Best Practices
April 21st- Chef InSpec Best Practices -tags
April 28th- Cloud Cookbook
Next week’s live streams:
March 22nd: InSpec Office Hours
Tune in on YT or Twitch
Automate 2 version 20220310123121 Released! This release improves telemetry coverage for Chef Infra Server Environments , Clients , Nodes and Data Bags under Infrastructure among other bug-fixes and version upgrades.
Chef InSpec 5.7.9 Released! This release contains a host of new features including enabling SSL authentication over WinRM.
Chef InSpec 4.56.17 Released! This release contains a few new features, improvements and bug fixes to include fixing the
inspec automate version command
Ankur Mundhra shared
This week the team worked on:
- Backup and restore fix for large data has been released
- Postgres database has been upgraded to 9.6.24
- Elastic search 6.8.23 is available in Automate HA solution
- Automate HA can now be deployed on 5 node cluster; documentation to follow
- Three customers have completed the early adopter program of Automate HA
Hello from Habitat!
This week's updates:
- Making progress on next core-plans refresh
- Working on auto bumping core plan versions
- Investigating build order of core plan refresh
- Working to resolve docker studio supervisor on M1 platform
- Investigating supervisor functional tests
- Investigating orphaned builds on builder
- Documenting how to use Azure postgres for on-prem builder
- Investigating decoupling of swim protocol/butterfly code in supervisor
- Working to add better validation of "hab sup run" args whrn not including a package to run
Chef Infra Client
John McCrae shared
Hello from Chef Infra Client team. This week’s updates:
- We are currently focused on training the new folks that have joined the team and getting a training plan ready for the new hires.
- We are close to releasing Chef Client 17.x that will include the fixes for the yum related issues
- We are getting close to wrapping work to add the client.pem file to the Windows Certificate Store.
- Fix issue in PEM file generation when user is created via knife. PR Thanks SJWe are currently working on moving SELinux resources to Chef Infra Client.
- We are in the process of upgrading Ruby to 3.1 across Chef Infra Client
Chef Infra Server
Lincoln Baker shared
Working on internal opensearch migration - Internal Opensearch Support by jashaik · Pull Request #3175 · chef/chef-server
Working on upgrading Erlang OTP to 24.2 - Upgrade Erlang to 24.2 by lbakerchef · Pull Request #3206 · chef/chef-server
Working on Automate customer issue.
Working on the architecture of key management.
Working on PostgreSQL upgrade to 13.6
Working on Chef Server upgrade (cleaning up some log4j libs)
Sigv4 changes are under review - Replace AWS sigv2 with sigv4 by lbakerchef · Pull Request #2097 · chef/chef-server
Chef InSpec Team:
- Released InSpec 4.56.17
- Released InSpec 5.7.9
- Began initial planning sessions on a parallel mode for InSpec
Vikram Karve shared
Hi All! Here is what Workstation & Community Tools are working on
Note - there is a release blocker specific to macos arm64 bundling & we couldn't get to this as some other pipeline issues related to recent infrastructure upgrade needed attention
Ready for release
- Introduced network interface addition support in kitchen-vcenter
- Address regression in cookbook caching- thanks @karmix!Fixed an issue with cookbook-omnifetch config default - thanks again @karmix!Fix to
knife user createissue
- Updating test-kitchen plugins to Ruby 3.1
- Unblock test-kitchen release by fixing
bundle installissue in Windows pipelineWrapping up implementation of
chef envin Golang.Adding telemetry support in
chefCLI execution on Workstation
- begun ground work for automating e2e tests
- team getting ramped up on bento and fauxhai
Hello from the Sous Chefs!
Here's the list of new releases in the past week:
- mariadb - 5.2.4: Install
mariadb.ppSELinux policy instead of building
We hit a snag in releases not working to the supermarket, but that got resolved last night thankfully
Hello from the Cinc Project!
- Released 4.56.17
- Will be releasing 5.7.9 soon (currently building as we speak)
- Still waiting on a review for our wordmark PR and hoping that gets merged in soon