Hey folks! Thanks for joining me for another community meeting.
In case you missed it, the OpenSSL Foundation released a new version (3.0.7) to address two “High” severity vulnerabilities. After thorough review, our internal teams have found that Chef is not using impacted versions of OpenSSL.Read the full blog post here: OpenSSL Vulnerability: What You Need to Know | Chef
Chef Infra Client
Chef Infra Client 18.0.169 Released! This release allows you to create a resource partial that can be used in a custom resource.
Ankur Mundhra shared
Highlights of this week include:
- Working to support AWS and external database support to On-prem deployment
- Working to add certificate rotation command for individual machine in Automate HA cluster
- Working to add a command to rotate certificate for each service group in Automate HA cluster
- Working to run backup from bastion system in Automate HA cluster
- Documentation of certificate rotation process in HA documentation pages
- Improved HA documentation by providing steps to clean-up old HA instances
- Working to dump logs at a configurable location in each system of Automate HA cluster
Chef Infra Client
Updates for Infra Client:
- The Infra Client team has been working on wrapping up getting the stable release for Chef-18 out.
- We have started the process of merging the PR's that were waiting on the release for Chef-18. Thank you for your patience as we worked through the various pipeline issues.
- We continue to look into the FIPS issue pointed out at: Slack
- We are currently making good progress on fixing the pipelines for Chef 16 and Chef-17.
Hello from the Sous Chefs!
Here's the list of new releases in the past week:
filesystem - 4.0.1: Fix document: nomkfs option is not in filesystem resource
sc_vscode - 2.0.1: Various CI fixes
selinux - 6.0.7
Fix CentOS 6 package requirements
Fix Chef 18 compatibility
Hello from the Cinc Project!
Created new Windows builder using msys2 UCRT build run time
Was able to successfully build Cinc Client on Windows!
Need to update tests to skip FIPS on Windows