Last week we had an InSpec release that had a bunch of stuff, but specificaly fixed a couple bugs on BSD and Cisco, so take a look at that.
And earlier today there was a Supermarket update (5.1.18) with a TON of cool stuff and a large number of security fixes. Take a look at those release notes: Chef Supermarket 5.1.18 Released!
Ankur Mundhra shared
This week the team worked on:
- Dev changes for embedded OpenSearch database is complete
- Testing and fixing bugs related to migration aspects in Infra Server view
- Working to have paginated view for compliance control list
- Working to fix a bug which prevents upload of compliance profile
- Working to fix a bug see failed controls accurately in compliance report view
- Dev work related to config driven support for EFS and S3 backup in HA installation
- Chef Automate 3.0.x should be released in next week – will support embedded PostgreSQL 13.5
Hello from Habitat where we seem to be suffering an emoji famine!
This week's updates:
- Making progress on next core-plans refresh
- Working on auto bumping core plan versions
- Investigating build order of core plan refresh
- Investigating a way to scan packages for CVEs
- Adding more robust retry backoff to init and run hooks
- Investigating awol builder workers
Chef Infra Client
John McCrae shared
Greetings Chef Community from the Chef Infra team - checking in from lovely Portlandia! to Lance in Corvallis! Howdy, neighbor!
This week, a focused update:
- We continued our work on Ruby 3.1 support, we're getting closer.
Chef Infra Server
Lincoln Baker shared
Hello! Chef Infra Server in the house...
- Internal Opensearch migration
- Upgrading Erlang OTP to 25
- Adding verify pipeline in buildkite for Chef Open Source org
- Adding el-8 builder
- Investigating growth of Bifrost database on sync
- Removing chef-mover (done)
Chef InSpec team:
- finished feasibility study on auto-selection of profiles in non-running container images
- made hotfix of cisco IOS XE detection and released InSpec 5.12.2
- investigating Automate upload timeout issue involving inspec check cookstyle feature
- Enhance service resource with be_monitored_by and have_start_mode matchers
- Enhance file resource to support matcher: be_immutable and properties: content_as_yaml and content_as_json
- Enhance group resource to have have_gid matcher.
- Add linux_audit_system resource.
Vikram Karve shared
Hi All! Here is what Workstation & Community Tools are working on
The work-in-progress is pretty much the same as last week
- Update several repos to support Ruby 3.1 in tandem with Chef Infra Client
- Continue to automate e2e test for kitchen-ec2 plugin and chef cli scenarios
- Updating test-kitchen CI to use GitHub actions
- UX preparing wireframes for smoother install/ setup experience
- Update packaging to bundle InSpec 5.x major version update in subsequent
Hello from the Sous Chefs!
Here's the list of new releases in the past week:
- firewall - 4.0.3: Use resuable workflows instead of Chef Delivery
Hello from the Cinc Project!
- Released 5.12.2 (literally just pushed the publish button a few minutes ago)
14.14.1 released via unstable channel
Road to stable
Refactoring the testing pipeline and creating InSpec tests
Manually testing each platform (each platform takes 30-40 minutes to run)
This is to ensure we automate word mark compliance moving forward
Fixed backup/restore ( upstream PR ) -- Will be re-releasing 14.14.1 in unstable channel once testing is completed
Finally getting testing properly working on SUSE!
Hoping to get this released by the end of this week!
Sabyasachi Ghosh shared
Hello from Supermarket/chef-manage/azure-chef-extention
This week’s updates:
- Released supermarket 5.1.18 ( Chef Supermarket 5.1.18 Released! )
- Automate supermarket integration work is in progress
- ruby 3.1 and rails 7 upgrade is in progress in chef-manage and supermarket
- we are moving from classic to ARM template for azure chef extension