If you’ve been paying attention to the channels, you’re probably aware that we are developing a Community Advisory Council specifically around the future development of the Chef community. We’ll be holding our inaugural meeting in person in Boston and remotely via Zoom on September 12-13, 2022.
We’re working on an agenda and fielding topic requests from you, the community using this survey Chef Community Advisory Council (CAC) Topics Survey . Feel free to fill out the survey and add what’s important to you.
Excited to see some of you in Boston!
Chef Infra Server
Chef Infra Server 15.1.7 Released! This release upgrades Erlang to 24.3.2 and all the dependent repositories.
Ankur Mundhra shared
Highlights of this week include:
- Working to fix bug related to mismatch of controls in compliance report
- Working to fix bug related to limitation of data collector to process blank or duplicate values
- Working to make Automate 4.x upgrade journey smoother – disk space validation, S3 URL check, optimizing default OpenSearch configuration, deleting old ES 5 indices and more
- Writing documents related to compliance percentage metric API
- Preparing for upcoming CheConf
Hello from Habitat!
This week's updates:
- Working on improving build order and rdep resolution for package builds
- In the midst of releasing Habitat 1.6.568 which includes fixes to rolling updates
- Adding builder changes needed for native packages
- Looking at bootstrapping solutions for ARM standard packages
Chef Infra Client
Thomas Powell shared
Working on cleaning up build issues to push 18 [release candidate] out and circling back to patch some fixes waiting in the wings for 17.
Chef Infra Server
Lincoln Baker shared
Greetings from Infra Server.
- Released Chef Infra Server 15.1.7 Chef Infra Server Release Notes
- Upgraded Erlang to 24.3.2 and all the dependent repositories. The BeamAsm JIT-compiler has been added and will give a significant performance boost for many applications.
- Fixed an issue where Chef Infra Server failed to reindex nodes with SSL-enabled Nginx using chef-server-ctl reindex --all-orgs and managed with Chef Automate because SSL certificates were not sent.
- Updated gather logs to include OpenSearch logs. SLES packages are also included in the gather logs. Detecting the OS name and version has been standardized to read from the os_release file.
- Continuing design of adhoc jobs
Chef InSpec Team:
- Worked on a customer bug on AIX involving oracle
- Finished recording ChefConf talks
Hello from Sous Chefs!
Here's the list of new releases in the past week:
- git - 11.1.1: Fix Windows default git checksum
- nginx - 12.1.0
- Fix nginx running as root on Debian family
- Fix webserver able to overwrite/delete config files
- Add Inspec tests
Hello from Cinc Project!
- Started working on getting our build pipeline to support EL9
- Started working on the build for the latest Cinc Server