Hello from DevOps Days Chicago! Thanks for joining me for another community meeting.
These folks were nominated by members of the community as outstanding examples of the helpful, caring, engaged members that we want to see more of in the Chef community.
Historically, we’ve made it a rule not to award someone twice, but this year we got so many nominations for @ramereth that we had to bend that rule
Congratulations and thank you all so much. We’re glad you’re here!
As promised, Community Meeting notes for the past few weeks have been added to our Discourse.
No Releases this week
Ankur Mundhra shared
Highlights of this week include:
- Documented steps to add/remove/replace nodes in existing Automate HA cluster
- Improved search capability in client run report to consider uppercase and lowercase node names
- Disk space check will happen at the start of Automate 4.x upgrade
- Ensured that maintenance mode is handled as a part of checklist when upgrading to Automate 4
- Improved code to not ask for S3 URL in CLI message when we take backup on S3
- Added habitat package to ensure that knife-ec-backup can be performed on air-gapped bundle and is available in the manifest file
- Maximum shard count will be maintained when we upgrade from Elasticsearch to OpenSearch during Automate 4.x upgrade
- Removed AMI filters from terraform code
- New APIs for improved compliance reporting have been documented in API do
Hello from Habitat!
This week we have been working on:
- High level designs around node management (all chef products)
- Working through strategy for building standard ARM packages
- More work on core packages build ordering
- Updated protobuf libraries and tooling
Chef Infra Client & Server
From @prajakta and the Infra Client & Server teams:
Infra Client: Currently working on wrapping up the pipeline issues for Chef-18 rc release.
Infra Server: No updates from the last week.
I don't have much to report on the Sous Chefs this week other than I'm trying to get a PR for the selinux cookbook out the door which resolves a few issues I've run into. This will also fix the test pipeline (assuming I fix the latest error)
No new releases on the Cinc side, but I have been making progress on the cinc-omnibus cookbook which I hope to get added to Sous Chefs soon once it's ready